|Company||Denver International Airport|
Denver International Airport (DEN) has launched VeriFLY, a new pilot program that allows health-conscious travelers to move safely through security and to their gate with more reliability and reduced contact. The program allows travelers to make a reservation for TSA screening and provides a limited-capacity train car to the gate. The new program is free and only available at DEN.
“As we continue to face the challenges and concerns of COVID-19, we know that travelers are more focused on their health and are looking for ways to reduce contact with others,” said DEN CEO Kim Day. “As a result, we created a program that will bring more confidence and comfort to those travelers who are more suspectable to illnesses or are looking for additional safety procedures. This is our first step in creating a more touchless journey through the airport while we continue to enhance the travelers experience.”
DEN has worked closely with TSA to develop the program.
“TSA is excited to partner with Denver International Airport on its innovative mobile app that allows travelers to schedule a time to go through the TSA security screening process. We hope this use of technology will allow our security screening officers to enhance social distancing for travelers while in the checkpoint, thereby enhancing the overall airport experience,” said TSA Administrator David Pekoske.
Here’s how it works:
1. Download the VeriFLY app and create an account (available on the Apple and Googlestores)
2. Make your reservation in advance of your flight for TSA screening (you can make your reservation up to two weeks prior to your flight and you will have a 15-minute window to arrive at the checkpoint)
3. Approximately 24 hours before your flight, you will be asked to complete a COVID-19 health assessment to help ensure that you are fit to fly
4. On the day of your flight, check-in with your airline and then head to the VeriFLY lane at the south screening checkpoint at your reserved time. A touchless, electronic gate will scan your access code and check your temperature before you can access the dedicated TSA lane
5. You will then proceed through TSA screening (standard and PreCheck lanes available)
6. Once the screening process is complete, go to the train platform and board the dedicated train car, with a limited number of VeriFLY passengers, which will take you to your concourse.
7. Enjoy DEN’s shops and restaurants before heading to your gate
Travelers who do not successfully complete the health screening questionnaire or have a temperature above 100.4 will not be admitted into the VeriFLY lane. Additionally, face masks or coverings that cover the nose and mouth are required for all travelers and employees at DEN, including those using VeriFLY.
To implement VeriFLY, DEN has partnered with Daon, a global leader in identity management and biometric technology. Using Daon’s proven IdentityX®platform for digital onboarding and authentication, DEN plans to implement a multi-faceted pilot program to develop and test solutions for travelers and employees in a live airport environment.
DEN’s strategic vision is to explore how foundational identity-driven technologies can enable a touchless experience, maximize physical distancing, and assist risk-based health mitigation as travelers move through the airport. Daon is funding the development of all pilot programs. VeriFLY is the first pilot program with additional initiatives planned for rollout later this year.
Daon is an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. Daon has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities across multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, wealth, insurance, telcos, and securing borders and seamless travel. Daon’s IdentityX® platform provides an inclusive, trusted digital security experience, enabling the creation, authentication and recovery of a user’s identity and allowing businesses to conduct transactions with any consumer through any medium with total confidence.