|Event||International Summit on Borders 2018|
|Organiser||Clarion Events U.S.|
|Press Release Date||25.05.2017|
Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly will open the International Summit on Borders with a Keynote address on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 8:30am, helping kick off the 1st annual event taking place this year in Washington, DC at the Army and Navy Club.
During the keynote presentation, Kelly will address Global Border Issues: How Cooperation Can and Is Enhancing Security and Facilitation.
The Luncheon Keynote, Integrated Border Agency: An Idea Whose Time Has Come? will be delivered at 12:45pm by Clarence Yeo, Commissioner, Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) Singapore, followed by a Plenary Keynote from Maria Fernandez, Deputy Secretary of Intelligence and Capability, Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australia. Day one will close with Keynote Speaker Kevin McAleenan, Acting Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Ana B. Hinojosa, Director, Compliance and Facilitation Directorate, World Customs Organization will deliver the Luncheon Keynote on the second day of programming (June 14) at 12:00pm.
Also confirmed to speak at the Summit are:
- Edward Alden, Bernard L. Schwartz Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
- Alan Bersin, Former DHS Assistant Secretary for International Affairs; Former CBP Commissioner
- Michael Braun, General Manager, SAVA Workforce Solutions; Former Chief of Operations, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Jim Canham, Managing Director, Border Services, Accenture
- Maurice Chénier, Chief Information Officer, Canada Border Services Agency
- Jacques Cloutier, Associate Vice-President, Operations Branch, Canada Border Services Agency
- Bram DeRidder, Harvard University
- Jose M. Garcia, SAT Attaché, Mexican Embassy to the U.S
- Krum Garkov, Executive Director, eu-LISA
- Olivier Onidi, Deputy Director General for Security, Member Nation of EU
- Akshay Pottahil, Co-Director, Center for Information Convergence & Strategy (CICS), San Diego State University
- Christian Rousseau, Executive Director, Canadian Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre (ITAC)
- Vice Admiral Karl L. Schultz, Commander Atlantic Area; Commander, Defense Force East; Director, DHS Joint Task Force East
- Seth Stodder, Former Assistant Secretary, Department of Homeland Security
- John Wagner, Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner, OFO, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Royce Walters, Assistant Director, INTERPOL
- David Widdowson, Professor, Charles Sturt University Australia
- Andris Zarins, Acting Chief Superintendent, Director General, Federal Coordination Centres and Covert Operations, Federal Policing Special Services, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
The 2017 International Summit on Borders is sponsored by Accenture, Capgemini, Elbit Systems of America, Motorola Solutions and Perceptics. BORDERPOL is a sponsoring association.
For attendee information, visit http://www.internationalsummitonborders.com/attendees/
For sponsorship information, visit http://www.internationalsummitonborders.com/why-sponsor/
4200 Wisconsin Ave NW #106-231
- +1 203 822 7953