Leading Airfield Pavement Design & Evaluation Training Course Returns!
Well-designed airport pavements for runways, taxiways, and apron areas will provide excellent long-term performance under a range of operational and site conditions. While it is evident that good construction is important, it is critical to understand that pavements will only perform to expectations when good designs are implemented throughout the construction stage.
Equip Global’s 4-day Airfield Pavement Design & Evaluation Training Course is developed to give professionals involved in the design process a complete guide to understanding the overall pavement system, from the different types of pavements to the design methods and their limitations, through the reasons for materials specifications on to the lessons learned from past processes. It will comprehensively cover new and proven pavement design processes, methodologies, techniques and strategies, rehabilitating processes and strategies, and analysis of asphalt, Portland cement, concrete, bitumen, and pavements of different materials. The course will be conducted by an expert on the subject matter with real-life case studies and class exercises to encourage interactive discussion among participants.
Key Benefits of Attending!
- LEARN principles of airfield pavement design and performance
- GAIN key concepts to aircraft pavement design and evolution
- ACQUIRE knowledge on pavement thickness design tools
- MASTER rigid, flexible and composite pavements and their design methods
- DEVELOP airfield pavement designs for new or rehabilitation projects
- ANALYSE the structural capacity and PCN of existing pavements using the latest pavement design procedures and tools
- KNOW about various pavement materials and IMPLEMENT best practices in pavement material testing and design methodologies
- UNDERSTAND pavement evaluation in order to determine the most appropriate repair or rehabilitation option
- DISCUSS lessons learned from past design cases to avoid potential pitfalls
- GAIN an overview of pavement maintenance and preservation practices
- UNDERSTAND aircraft loadings and their implications for your pavement design & evaluation
- KNOW how to take runway friction into consideration when designing & evaluating airfield pavements
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at engineers, pavement designers, consulting engineers, construction managers, pavement designers, and military engineers and any practitioners responsible for the design or analysis of new or rehabilitated airfield pavements.
Participants need not have previous pavement design experience, but should be familiar with pavement engineering principles and pavement materials.