Investment in transport infrastructure, the development of air-rail connectivity and innovation in construction will be the key themes of the first International Air Rail Transport Summit, taking place in Bangkok on Wednesday 20 November 2019.
The International Air Rail Organization (IARO), together with Thailand’s largest project management firm – Project Planning Service Company Limited (PPS), and multi-disciplinary design firm – PPS One Works, are delighted to introduce this new key event to the infrastructure calendar.
Endorsed by Thailand’s Ministry of Transport and the Italy’s Embassy in Thailand, the summit will bring together leading industry and public sector figures from around the world to learn more about air-rail connectivity and to explore the opportunities and challenges facing infrastructure planning, funding, delivery and operations across the region.
Focused on the rapidly-expanding Asia-Pacific infrastructure pipeline, this one-day event will discuss lessons to be learnt from benchmark mega-projects around the world in relation to improved passenger experiences, efficient operations and innovative construction techniques. With major projects such the new High-Speed Rail Links connecting three major airports coming to conclusion, and important airport expansion projects such as U-Tapao International Airport and Suvarnabhumi International Airport in discussion, what are Thailand’s infrastructure priorities post-2020? And what actions are required from all stakeholders to ensure long-term success in achieving Thailand 4.0 targets?
Taking place at The Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at Central World on Wednesday 20 November 2019, the International Air Rail Transport Summit in Bangkok is a new addition to the global infrastructure calendar. Throughout the day, speakers and organisers will offer genuine insight and sector intelligence to an audience of over 500 delegates from across the industry related to planning, developing, building and operating air-rail links – and also organisations, including airlines and airports, who have a business interests in partnerships for their success.
Local and International Guest Speakers
A busy programme of local and international government officials, as well as high- profile industry leaders, to discuss critical perspectives on benchmark case-studies and development updates from the ASEAN region and around the world. Speakers include:
- A representative from the Ministry of Transport Thailand.
- Mr Lorenzo Galanti – Italian Ambassador to Thailand
- Voravut Mala, Governor at State Railways of Thailand
- Simon Earles, President of the International Air Rail Organization (IARO)
- A representative from theEastern Economic Corridor (EEC)
- James Cornelius, Public Transport Strategy Lead at Heathrow International Airport
- Martin Braun, Assistant Director of Airport Development at International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- And more…
Following the morning, attendees will be invited to attend one of two detailed spotlight sessions discussing specific areas of infrastructure development.
Focus Session – Effective Air Rail Connections
Find out more about projects from around the world and learn more about the trends in technology, operations, development, marketing and branding of rail links to air best practical as best practice expertise in rail services to airports.
During this breakout session, delegates will discuss and share best practice on a range of topics, including: Airport planning and transformation – developing transport links; Transport ticketing and information in a multi-modal interchange; Passenger travel modes, modal share and behaviour change; In-town check-in: the global picture; The airport air-rail infrastructure challenge: the airline industry viewpoint; Working with airlines – customer service, marketing and ticketing; and key considerations in crafting an outstanding airport-city passenger experience. Speaker so far include:
- Simon Earles, President – International Air Rail Organisation (IARO)
- Andy Saunders, Surface Access Strategy Manager – Manchester Airport Group (MAG)
- Lucas London, Associate Director – PPS One Works
- Martin Braun, Assistant Director –International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Air Rail Metro Bangkok (SRTET)
- and more.
Hosted by the International Air Rail Organization (IARO).
Focus Session – InnoCon Bangkok 2019
As Digital technology continues to power a new era of construction, leading experts discuss how best to leverage the increasingly large amounts of data and technology for their own benefit, as well as the benefit of infrastructure project teams, clients and, most importantly, the end users.
With large-scale infrastructure projects, or mega projects, facing more challenges than any other, the effective adoption of BIM is now critical and one that is being tackled on an international level. During this breakout session guests will hear from leading local and International companies about the driving force behind changes in the marker and the importance of collaboration to ensure technology takes construction to the next level. Speaker so far include:
- Ekarin Vasanasong – Krungthep Thanakom (KT) BMA’s Enterprise Metropolis Authority
- Tayakorn Chantarangsu, Senior Professional Civil Engineering – Department of Public and Town & Country Planning
- Kasaemson Kruethorn, Regional Senior Manager –DELTA
- Chakrapan Phawangkarat –Thai Green Building Institute (TGBI)
- Khun Suphin Mechuchep –JLL Thailand
- and more …
Hosted by PPS Group (Project Planning Services PLC).
381/6 Soi Rama IX 58 (Soi 7 Seree 7)
Rama IX Road
- (662)718 2785-9