Join the Ministry of Tourism, Kenya; Ministry of Urban Planning, Transport & Infrastructure, Kenya; International Air Transport Association (IATA), South Africa; Aeroportos de Moçambique and more to find out more about Africa’s airport developments and new projects.
It is without a doubt that the African aviation industry is experiencing an incredible surge with business activities rising from 45% to 80%. Countries spanning East and West Africa including Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana and Nigeria are spending millions in a bid to become the hub of choice for the continent.
Most airports, governments and international institutions predict that air traffic in East Africa will double in the next 15 years. If airports do not adapt to this incredible surge in demand, millions of people simply will not be able to access air transport when they want to.
With an array of opportunities presenting itself, the modernisation of airports is no easy task. To stay in the now, governments need to overcome challenges including financial support, safety and security, optimising efficiency and keeping within environmental standards to ensure the airport is viewed as one system that will allow them to absorb the forecasted air travel demand.
As such, the Modern Airports Africa conference will congregate major stakeholders in the aviation industry including government and authorities, civil aviation authorities, airport authorities, contractors, technology providers, suppliers of airport equipment, consultants and more to discuss their biggest challenges and debate best-practice methodologies this 18-20 January 2017 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Don’t miss hearing from our top speakers including:
- Hon. Najib Balala, Cabinet Secretary (Minister), Ministry of Tourism, Kenya
- Irungu Nyakera, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Urban Planning, Transport & Infrastructure, Kenya
- Sidy Gueye, Regional Director, International Air Transport Association (IATA), South Africa
- Emanuel Chaves, CEO, Aeroportos de Moçambique
- Dr. Ralf Gaffal, International Business: Vice President, Munich Airport, Germany
- Gershon Kofi Adzadi, Head of ICT, Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Capt. Gilbert Kibe, Director General, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
- Oliver Andrews, Deputy CEO & Chief Investment, Officer, African Finance Corporation
- Robert Mwesigwa Nviiri, Executive Director, East African Community Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA)
To view the Modern Airports Africa 2017 Brochure click here
8th Floor, Commercial Tower 1
Dubai Studio City
United Arab Emirates
PO Box 502397
- +971 4 364 2975