|Event||Border Security & Intelligence Summit|
|Organiser||Defense Strategies Institute|
|Press Release Date||24.01.2023|
Defense Strategies Institute presents the 11th Annual Border Security & Intelligence Summit. This forum will bring together DHS, IC, Federal Agencies, and Industry to discuss the protection of U.S borders through enhanced technology and intelligence solutions. The summit will be held April 26-27, 2023 at The Sunset Room in National Harbor, MD.
As the dangers presented by terrorism and organized crime continue to grow, US border agencies must adapt to address new and evolving challenges. Successful efforts to utilize intelligent systems and data are critical to achieving current security objectives and ensuring the safety of citizens and migrants alike. At this forum, senior-level leaders from the across the US government will detail intelligence strategies and solutions toward combating transnational organized crime, illicit trade and travel, human smuggling/trafficking, and other threats to the U.S. homeland.
Topics of discussion will include:
- CBP Vision: Modernizing Border Protection to Ensure Security and Promote Economic Prosperity through Trade
- Leveraging the modern data and technology environment to advance US counterterrorism missions.
- Enabling Intelligence-Driven Decision-Making at FBI to Bolster Security across US Borders
- Automating data sharing across domains to improve vetting and increase trust across environments.
- Utilizing DHS capabilities and expertise to advance human tracking law enforcement operations.
- And more!
Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Raul L. Ortiz- Chief, US Border Patrol
- MG Matthew D. Smith, USA– Commanding General Joint Task Force North, NORTHCOM
- Ryan T. Young- Executive Assistant Director Intelligence Branch, FBI
- Dennis J. Michellini- Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner Air and Marine Operations (AMO)
- Patrick J. Lechleitner- Acting Executive Associate Director Homeland Security Investigations, ICE
- Sanjeev “Sonny” Bhagowalia, SES- Assistant Commissioner, CBP Chief Innovation Officer, CBP
- Theresa Cardinal-Brown- Managing Director, Immigration and Cross-Border Policy, Bipartisan Policy Center
Registration and sponsorship opportunities are now available. To find more information regarding the Border Security & Intelligence Summit, please visit https://border.dsigroup.org/
About Us: Defense Strategies Institute (DSI) was created to form a non-partisan, relevant, sustainable, and ethical organization operating primarily within the Department of Defense and Federal Government sectors. Our Founding Partners created DSI with the vision of using their expertise in political/military affairs, government relations and military operations to help advance mission critical success through necessary dialogue and debates amongst the respective offices and industry while at the same time helping to support those that deserve it most: our Nation’s Veteran & Injured Service Members.