|Company||Gray Vehicle Bodies|
Aircraft Wheel Changing Truck
Prior to the introduction of a Wheel Changing Truck to the Ground Support staff, the set up time to perform the wheel change is extremely high as two pieces of equipment (a box-trailer and a nitrogen rig) had to be towed to the aircraft separately. The box-trailer transports the wheels to and from the stores and it is also supposed to carry the tools that are required to perform the change.
The reality is, tool storage environment’s do not lend themselves to proper stocking or control of equipment and of consumables, so a third journey will often be required to get missing items.
The Wheel Changing Truck will improve conformity with current Health and Safety guidelines in respect of the equipment associated with the processes and the level of manual handling required is also a driver in changing the process to a Wheel Changing Truck
Using the Wheel Changing Truck will result in a reduction in the wheel change process time from approx 50-55 mins to approx 25 minutes.
The Wheel Changing Truck will accommodate two Landing and two nose wheel’s for either a A320’s and for A330s The Wheel Changing Truck can accommodate one of each of the differing wheels sizes required for each size Aircraft, the vehicle is also fitted with a bespoke Nitrogen rig with hose reel dispensers, and the vehicles has PTO driven mechanical hydraulics to lower it to Ground level.
The truck will also carry nose wheels and brakes for both A321 and A320 aircraft.
Key features of the new trucks are:
- Second hand or new vehicle chassis can be used
- Isuzu truck with low height cab and body improves the safe movement around aircraft
- Wheel jack, and wheel lifter loaded, and unloaded at ground level
- Automatic gearbox supplied for ease of use
- Mechanical (PTO driven) hydraulics are provide to lift and lower truck body to ground level
- Roller doors fitted on all sides of the truck
- Tool storage box supplied
- 110 Volt power supply fitted to Leisure battery with split charger
- Reversing camera fitted
- LED exterior and interior lights fitted to improve worker safety when working at night
- Audible safety warning devises installed
- Clear roof fitted to improve light levels within the vehicle day and night
- Built in support storage for 4 Nitrogen bottles
- In built inflation reels
- Storage for 2 main wheels
- Storage for 2 nose wheels
- Storage for brake unit
- Storage for nose and wheel jack
- Comprehensive storage for tools and equipment
- Storage for consumables