The DESKO PENTA Scanner®is your perfect device for scanning, collecting and authenticating passport or ID data. It is equipped with a state-of-the-art optical scan system, developed by DESKO, best suited for scanning ID cards and passports under IR, VIS and UV. It therefore provides excellent images for OCR data collection or document authentication.
The PENTA Scanner®stands out against other full-page scanners due to its variety on features like barcode reading, magnetic and smart card reading, the RFID module for biometric passport reading and its great visible feedback thanks to its multicolorLCD displayand bright LEDs.
Additionally, the PENTA Scanner®can be equipped with changeable battery packs and even WLAN/LAN/3G connectivity which give you the opportunity for a complete infrastructure independent operation at any time and location.
Our unique PENTA platform with its various features and options covers all areas from check-in, security, passenger flow control to boarding.
For more information please click here.
ForPost-COVID 19-Airports theDESKO PENTA Platform offers various options to turn touch points of your passengers‘ journey in to touchless points: this picture from AIRPORT NUREMBERG shows how to give the control for a contactless interaction to the passenger while a plexiglass protects both sides – passenger and agent.
- ID and passport image scan: scans documents with three different light sources (visible light, infrared and ultraviolet light)
- Automatic OCR/MRZ recognition of documents according to ICAO 9303
- Rugged design: solid box, PERLUCOR® security glass as standard
- Barcode recognition module: embedded barcode engine for 1D/2D barcodes from paper or electronic boarding passes from smartphones, smartwatches or tablets
- MSR reading module: integrated bidirectional magnetic stripe reader for 3-track magnetic stripe documents according to ISO 7811
- Chip card module: for synchronous and asynchronous chip cards available
- RFID/NFC module: integrated RFID module for ePassport and NFC reading
- Standalone usage: battery pack, LAN/WLAN and built-in PC available
- USB: the PENTA Scanner requires an USB interface to ensure a high-speed data transfer
- Footprint: L 220 mm (8.7 inches) x W 150 mm (5.9 inches) x H 191.2 mm (7.5 inches)
- Weight: 1150 g (2.5 lb)