Providing wireless communication, the Minerva Air system allows for freedom of movement during wing walks, inspections and engineering tasks without being restricted. The Minerva Air system is our highly versatile wireless pushback system addressing technical challenges on the ground for airside operations. The system is a proven solution for many aircraft types including B787 and A380.
In a single man operation, the wireless headset will be worn by the Tug Driver and in two man operations, the Headset Man. In this case, normal hand signals will continue between the Headset Man and the Tug Driver, whilst the Flight Deck communicates via the momentary microphone button.
We are also able to adapt the system, allowing for multiple users to be able to communicate with the operating team. Examples of this could be training, wing walking maintaining contact with all ground personnel, towing where both Tug Driver and up to 2 other Operatives can all communicate with the Brake Rider.
Communication to either ground movements or ATC tower can be achieved by integrating the specific radio into the headset so that both Flight Deck and radio can be heard simultaneously.
- 150m wireless range
- 27dB noise protection
- 24hour battery life
- Latch and PTT function integrated – specific requirements can be tailored
- Option for radio interface
- Option for multiple users
- Untethers the user, no cables or leads to interfere. Freedom of movement and safety across airfield is enhanced
- Point to point contact with airplane intercom
- Reliable and robust system
- Comfortable to wear