Originally commissioned to compliment Nicholas Grimshaw’s futuristic design for the British Pavillion at the Seville Expo 1992, the Seville bench system has since gone on to win numerous design awards including Millennium Product.
During its 35 years in the public seating sector, OMK has worked closely with numerous operators and architects to answer the needs of public area seating through product variations and finishes.
The SEVILLE bench was designed specifically for short-sit situations where space and passenger circulation is critical, such as baggage reclaim areas. Suitable for exterior or interior use, surfaces are designed to eliminate water and heat retention, making it perfect for all weather conditions.
Its multi-directional aerofoil seat design makes it suitable for areas where space is at a premium and for use as a platform seat. Utilising interlocking extruded aluminium seat and beam sections, with a self-coloured, durable anodised finish, the individual seat components slide onto the beam and are locked in place by die-cast aluminium end caps, so no other fixings are required.
The seat may be floor-fixed, wall-mounted or free-standing with optional arms all made from die-cast aluminium with a UV-stable polyester powder coating.
- Guaranteed against structural failure for a minimum of 25 years.
- Has been independently tested by FIRA to withstand 25 years of heavy contract use in accordance with BS EN 15373.
- Metal components are finished for interior and exterior use and are UV stable.
- All cast components can be coloured to any RAL colour.
- Has been tested to and exceed the fire-rating requirements set out in BS5852 crib source 0, 1 and 5 and are approved for use in public waiting areas.
All seating products and tables supplied by OMK have been tested to and exceed the fire-rating requirements set out by British Standard BS5852 crib source 0, 1 and 5 and are approved for use in public waiting areas.
A modular bench seating system of interlocking high grade extruded aluminium beam and seat sections. Each seat section is capped with a push on pressure die-casting.