Arconas, a leading manufacturer and distributor of furniture for airports and public spaces, was awarded the Mississauga Board of Trade’s (MBOT’s) International Trade Award as part of the Board’s 2018 Business Awards of Excellence.
The International Trade award honours a Mississauga, ON, Canada business for their dedication in pursuing and exporting to global markets and providing diversification, revenues, and jobs within the Mississauga economy. Hundreds of members and honoured guests attended the awards ceremony held at the Mississauga Convention Centre on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
“Arconas is honoured to receive this award within our community and to be nominated amongst a group of outstanding companies,” says Pablo Reich, Executive Vice President of Arconas. “We thank MBOT for recognizing the efforts of our talented and dedicated team, whose hard work has helped us grow to the international company we are today. We’d also like to kindly thank the Greater Toronto Airports Authority for the nomination”.
Arconas was selected as the winner of the International Trade Award based on the following criteria:
- Increased or retained jobs in Mississauga by entering new global markets.
- Produced or adapted a product line or service for foreign markets.
- Demonstrated new or creative solutions for import and export challenges.
- Established alliance or partnerships to increase international trade.
- Invested in infrastructure or manufacturing in Mississauga to enhance trade.
- Has proven increased export revenues.