|Company||Castle & Pryor Ltd|
- Heathrow has a stated vision to become the UK’s gateway to the world and Europe’s hub of choice by making every journey better and this vision is supported by a number of strategic intents.
- The provision of modern, safe and effective infrastructure can contribute towards the successful delivery of some of these strategies.
- As a result of the Malaysian Airlines upgrade to A380 aircraft in summer of 2012, a high risk existed that the A380 aircraft would not be accommodated without disruption to pier-served stand planning and operation.
- There are currently no remote Code F stands available which puts at risk T4’s low coaching rebate and Service Quality Rebate (SQR) score.
- The objectives of this project included scope of works to upgrade three stands 452,453 and 454 as fully serviced code E/F remote parking stands and the fourth stand 451 as Code D/E with the update stands capacity for multi-choice aircraft usage and passenger loading by bus is achieved.
- Saw cut concrete apron & block paving in advance of bay replacement.
- Diamond drill vertically down into existing concrete apron slab in advance of bay replacement by using Trailer Rig.
- Diamond core 250mm dia x 500mm deep holes into existing concrete apron slab in advance of Bollard Installation.
- Diamond core 187mm dia holes thru’ wall of existing electrical pits in advance of duct installation using bolt down rig.
- Diamond core 102mm dia holes through side wall of existing BT Chamber.
- Saw cut joints in PQ concrete apron in advance of sealing (existing joint to be widened out).
- Pull tests for 6nr M30 studs for loading of 100KN.
- Demonstrate knowledge gained from previous projects with regards to benchmarking of rates, programming, resource utilisation and delivery of good practice.
- Staff, equipment and operations approved by British Airport Authority and Department of Transport.
- Strict adherence to airport security and safety procedure.
- Operation on-going alongside other contractors.
- Limited time frame for completion of project.
- Concrete debris removed and recycled.
- Project completed on budget.
- Specialist equipment owned & operated by C&P ensuring fixed cost & qualified experience operators.
- Project completed on time.
- Able to start work at short notice.
Castle & Pryor Ltd
4B Invincible Road
4B Invincible Road
- 01252 524080