Black Box – Applications
Click here to go to the Webstore tutorial
A Black Box is a system which can be viewed in terms of inputs and outputs, but the internal workings are hidden. We can use this Black Box concept to produce an abstracted representation of all sorts of systems, from processing to storage, load sources to load sorting.
One important feature of the Black Box component is that it has an infinite capacity. It will always accept new loads, and an infinite number of loads can enter and be stored within the black box. Applications with set capacities are more complex cases which require more specialized and realistic components, such as racking or accumulation conveyor lengths.
That being said, there are many possible applications for this component, and this tutorial will look at the following examples in turn:
- Load Creator with Strict Release Rate
- Accumulation Buffer of Infinite Length
- Abstracted Merges and Diverts
- Temporary Storage / Processing of Loads
- Sorting of Loads, Selective Processing, Diverting or Removal
- Load Source with Finite Resources
- Load Source with Multiple Load Types
- Complex Processing of Loads with QuickLogic
- Tool for Detailed Reporting in Sim3D
*Editions that support this feature – [All 2018]