|Company||Rohde & Schwarz|
At World ATM Congress 2022, Rohde & Schwarz will showcase how the comprehensive CERTIUM portfolio will shape the future of civil air traffic control operations.
Rohde & Schwarz is a trusted partner for secure air traffic communications from the radio to the antenna. At World ATM Congress 2022 at IFEMA, Feria de Madrid in Madrid, Spain, in hall 9, booth 571, the company will showcase how its comprehensive CERTIUM portfolio and solutions will shape the future of civil air traffic control (ATC) operations. This includes:
CERTIUM, a unique portfolio from ATC working positions to antennas that is backed by extensive expertise in providing turnkey solutions and market standards.
The comprehensive portfolio of CERTIUM RADIOS includes the R&S Series5200 radio. The radio features innovative security-by-design architecture, a cost-efficient maintenance concept and outstanding RF performance, and covers the entire range used in ATC from VHF to UHF.
Recently introduced 5 kW HF high-power transmitters enable high data rates and crystal clear voice securely and across vast distances. The transmitters’ critical modules feature operational redundancy, ensuring a very high level of availability. Housed in just a single rack, these new HF high-power transmitters reduce the space required by up to 75 % and have very low power consumption and therefore a low carbon footprint.
The fully IP based CERTIUM VCS solutions for modern ATC networks utilize all the advantages of IP technology and provide strong security, innovative resilience, quad redundancy and easy administration.
Rohde & Schwarz will also present the following trendsetting ATC solutions:
- ATC voice quality assurance – now enhanced with patented loopback monitoring
- ATM digitalization using future-oriented LDACS technology
- Reliable identification and localization of calling aircraft on the radar screen
- Drone based T&M equipment for high-precision analysis of GBASs during ground and flight operations
- Effective detection and countering of non-cooperative drones and their pilots
The presence at the exhibition gets rounded up by Rohde & Schwarz expert talks:
- Leading the ATC transformation: voice communications as a service -> Tuesday, June 21 at 11:40 am, Spotlight Stage
- LDACS paves the way for ATM digitalization: a cornerstone for efficient deployment of upcoming ATM operational concepts and enabling CNS integration -> Tuesday, June 21 at 2:10 pm, Spotlight Stage
- Increasing air traffic safety with effective drone detection -> Wednesday, June 22 at 11:40 am, Spotlight Stage
- Increasing air traffic safety through accurate and fast aircraft identification -> Wednesday, June 22 at 2:10 pm, Spotlight Stage
- Drone based measurements of terrestrial navigation signals -> Wednesday, June 22 at 3:40 pm, Spotlight Stage
Rohde & Schwarz ATC radio systems for cockpit-tower communications contribute to air traffic safety at more than 200 airports and flight operations centers all over the world. The Rohde & Schwarz CERTIUM program provides ATC infrastructure operators with all the equipment they need for their communications networks, including radios, direction finders, voice communications systems, network components and software.