BEONTRA - A Leidos Company
Airport & Ground Handling Scenario Planning
Since 2004, BEONTRA has been developing industry-standard Airport & Ground Handling Scenario Planning solutions empowering infrastructure providers and operators to:
- continuously monitor markets and update traffic forecasts accordingly,
- translate traffic forecasts into capacity scenarios in order to plan for required infrastructure and resources accordingly,
- connect forecasting results to pricing scenarios covering direct (e.g. tariffs) as well as indirect revenue streams (e.g. concessions, retailing, parking) and
- monitor and evaluate business opportunities for driving growth.
Continuously evolving and changing frameworks in the transportation industry create significant challenges for all market professionals with respect to both short-and long-term Airport & Ground Handling Scenario Planning.
Traffic infrastructure is being designed and built for the long-term, expected to last throughout a master plan horizon.
However, the logistics behind the plans have to be dynamic, able to respond and react to changing requirements. Therefore, operators need to continuously assess infrastructure demand and adjust utilization of existing assets to achieve the best possible efficiencies.
BEONTRA Scenario Planning System Suite
In order to answer those questions from within an integrated corporate planning solution, BEONTRA started the development for its system modules in cooperation with its airport clients back in 2004 – leading to the current BEONTRA Scenario Planning system suite.
With over 30 airports using a combination of 50 of BEONTRA’s system modules and numerous consulting assignments, airport operators form BEONTRA’s key industry.
Ranging from highly detailed, schedule based air traffic forecasts focusing on passenger and traffic figures, peak aircraft and passenger movements, passenger segmentation, capacity constraint calculation (number of check-in counters/ security lanes/ gates/ parking stands, etc.) or revenue scenario calculations, BEONTRA supports airports in all fields of airport planning.
The BEONTRA Scenario Planning suite is aimed at serving as the backbone for an airport’s planning activities.
Fed by airport statistics, it is not designed to replace simulation tools, resource allocation tools or shift planning tools but rather to deliver the inputs needed for those tools and assess alternative planning scenarios easily and quickly.
BEONTRA Airport System Modules
- Long-Term Forecasting – Demand-oriented traffic forecasting, covering periods of +5 to +40 years based on industries best methodology – System Module – B Strategic
- Schedule Based Forecasting – Flight by flight, year by year traffic forecasts delivering the greatest possible level of detail whether it is the next business year or 30 years into the future – System Module – B Tactical
- Operational Forecasting – Real time traffic forecasting supporting operational decision making and delivering the input for on the day resource allocation and management – System Module – B Operational
- Capacity Planning – Modeling of alternative capacity flows through an airport’s infrastructure and testing it against alternative traffic scenarios in order to analyze capacity constraints and optimize infrastructure usage – System Module – B Capacity
- Revenue Planning – Creation of pricing scenarios based on existing or new variables (e.g. bags, emission values) in order to simulate effects of new tariff structures and generate business plans – System Module – B Revenue
- Route Development – Analysis of new route opportunities and creation of convincing route cases to be presented to carriers – System Module – B Route Development
- Non Aviation Planning – Connection of traffic numbers to retailing revenues & spending patterns enabling airports to conduct detailed non aviation revenue stream analysis, revenue forecasts as well as supporting an optimization of resource allocations – System Module – B Non Aviation
- Reporting and Dashboarding – Flexible and scalable business intelligence and reporting solution, flexibly connecting to all available BEONTRA products. – System Module – B Reporting
BEONTRA Ground Handling Planning Scenarios
Having gained experience in schedule based planning for the airport industry, BEONTRA started to extend its products into full fledged Ground Handling solutions in 2007.
In close cooperation with Swissport, a dedicated production planning solution was developed and implemented to calculate market forecasting for all revenue and cost drivers on a flight by flight basis.
By applying the BEONTRA modules, ground handlers are able to produce automated, highly accurate production planning scenarios serving as the key input into resource planning and rostering systems, and thus being the core element for an economically successful operation.
BEONTRA Ground Handling System Modules
- Schedule Based Forecasting – Next business year forecasting on a flight by flight basis, covering all cost and revenue drivers required for business planning – System Module – B Tactical
- Operational Forecasting – Day by day production planning connected to real time flight and load data – System Module – B Operational
- Revenue Planning – Creation of pricing scenarios based on existing or future price lists in order to continuously monitor and forecast revenue streams – System Module – B Revenue
A Leidos Company
An der RaumFabrik 10
- +49 (0)721 48486 0