Damm Cellular Systems
Critical Radio and Broadband Communications Systems for Airports
Damm Cellular Systems provides Critical Radio and Broadband Communications Systems for Airports.
We are a world-leading provider of scalable, flexible and user-friendly digital radio infrastructure systems to industrial, commercial and public safety customers. Being a key player for more than 30 years within professional radio communication, DAMM is taking the lead through superior engineering and constant focus on customer needs and reduced complexity.
DAMM’s TetraFlex® system offers a full solution and features intelligent, distributed network architecture, built-in applications and gateways for full asset management, and the freedom to choose any terminal brand. Our portfolio includes the DAMM TetraFlex® PTT mobile app utilizing WiFi or LTE on your iOS, Android or Windows device.
Key DAMM features for airport communications
- IP65 protected housing for direct installation in harsh environments
- Compact design
- Easy and quick scalability without interruption of operation
- Reliability: redundancy, back-ups and no single point of failure
- Best-in-class power consumption and receiver sensitivity
- Free choice of terminal suppliers
- Easily accessible API for easy integration into third party systems
- High cost effectiveness
- Full public/private LTE connectivity – or use your own WiFi system
At DAMM, everything we do is deeply rooted in two main values that shape both our products and our business: simplicity and flexibility. These values are channeled into advanced solutions that have a strong reputation of being easy to deploy and expand.
Improve airport safety and efficiency with DAMM TetraFlex
DAMM TetraFlex system offers a secure, reliable communication system enables you to respond to any potential danger and meet the challenges in the airport industry:
- Provide smooth handling of passengers from curb to gate – with efficient, seamless communication in one integrated system, and with one application for all technologies
- Maximize airport revenue by offering communication services for retail business
- Secure passengers safety using the intelligent distributed network architecture providing full redundancy, back-ups and no single point of failure
- Improve aircraft turnaround time using DGNA(Dynamic Group Number Assignment), to easily to create dynamic work groups used for APRON services such as luggage handling, jet fueling and catering
- Easy integration of customized 3rd party applications using the open API
DAMM Multi-Tech Platform
The DAMM Multi-Tech Platform enables voice and data communication across technologies, including TETRA, TEDS, DMR and Analog in one fully integrated system. The new BS422 is the world’s first outdoor base station featuring these 4 technologies in one box. With a simple click in the software, the BS422 can be set to run in any technology mode, or even multiple of these. DAMM offers a technology independent solution covering your needs of today and tomorrow featuring Multi-Technology and Multi-Frequency, as well as Multi-Carrier and Simulcast all in one box. These BS422 highlights include:
- Multi-Technology presenting the world’s first outdoor base station featuring 4 technologies in one box; TETRA, DMR Tier III, TEDS and Analog
- Multi-Frequency extending coverage by supporting VHF and UHF band in all technologies
- Multi-Carrier providing a flexible, cost-efficient solution by enabling up to 4 carriers in one box, and even combining multiple technologies in one box
- Simulcast available for DMR and Analog, and now also offering repeater functionality for TETRA and TEDS
One integrated system provides 100% secure digital voice and data communication
100% uptime through full redundancy as well as by the system’s intelligent distributed network architecture. All information is constantly replicated to all sites in the network, allowing call and data traffic to continue uninterrupted if one or more sites lose connection with the rest of the network.
Complete coverage and scalability
The fully IP-based technology used by DAMM TetraFlex® digital voice and data communications solutions makes it possible to create integrated communications across multiple stations, logistics facilities, depots, maintenance facilities and centralized operational control centers. Up to 16 carriers per node, allowing for 63 timeslots, or up to 4 control channels to secure SDS traffic and position reports.
Intuitive user coordination
User-defined groups and staff teams can easily be defined and coordinated. The highly flexible voice communication services support individual private calls, group calls, telephony communications (PSTN) and other features.
Reliable efficient data communications
DAMM TetraFlex® data services provide data for i.e. vehicle-tracking systems, timetable and journey information, signaling control or SCADA and telemetry data, supporting third party applications, such as vehicle management systems. The advanced management of Packet Data channels enables reliable and deterministic bandwidth for data applications.
Integrated applications for increased operational performance
DAMM TetraFlex® comes complete with integrated applications. With the intuitive DAMM TetraFlex® dispatcher solution all users can easily be dispatched by the operational centers. DAMM TetraFlex® also provides a complete voice/data recording and replay facility, enabling effortless incident reconstructions and gathering valuable statistics on operational performance. DAMM TetraFlex® is supplied with an easily accessible Application Programming Interface (API) that allows straightforward development and integration of customer-designed applications.
TETRA over LTE
DAMM offers TetraFlex® Android Client, iOS and TetraFlex® Windows Client – a vendor independent soft terminal, fulfilling the needs for non-critical voice & data communication operating through WiFi, UMTS(3G) and LTE(4G) networks.
For more information, please visit www.damm.dk/your-business-area/airports/
- +45 74 42 35 00