Aviation Fuel Filtration and Sensing Technology
FAUDI Aviation GmbH operates worldwide as a highly specialized manufacturer of filtration equipment for commercial aviation and military used fuels. With 80 years of experience and modern production methods, FAUDI Aviation offers effective solutions to ensure clean and dry aviation fuel for safe flying.
For decades, FAUDI Aviation has been researching innovative filtration solutions and pioneering sensor technologies. Our many years of experience and continuous improvement process set global standards for product and service quality. Our product range is perfectly coordinated with your needs and will help you lower your operating costs, reduce system downtimes and ensure an efficient work process.
A comprehensive program of trainings and seminars completes the product portfolio.
FAUDI Aviation relies on an extremely motivated and highly experienced workforce to enable customer requirements and standards both national and international. Always referring to our principle “quality guarantees safety”.
We are a qualified and approved supplier to international and national standards including the latest editions of EI 1581, 1583, 1590, 1596, 1598, 1599 as well as others.
For more information visit us online: www.faudi-aviation.com
Electronic sensor for detection of free water in aviation fuel according to specification EI 1598, 2nd Edition. The AFGUARD® sensor is qualified for use as an alternative to Chemical Water Detectors (CWD) by Joint Inspection Group (JIG). The AFGUARD® is regarded as fail safe and fully hazardous-area (ATEX and IECEx) approved. Sensor System conforms to ISO 13849 standard.
Application area (with reference to individual EI standard):
- EI 1598 2nd Edition sensor can/shall be used in conjunction with EI 1581 filter/water separators, EI 1583 filter monitors, EI 1599 dirt defence filter as well as other technologies
- Measurement range: 0 – 50 ppm
- Linear analog output signal: 4 to 20 mA
- Operating temperature: -30°C (-22°F) to +60°C (140°F)
- Contact Load DC: 16 – 30 V DC
FAUDI Aviation FW-24-H-T series are exclusively designed for mobile filtration of aviation fuel, where small amounts of water and/or solids may be present. Vessel type is qualified under witness testing according to specification EI 1581, 6th Edition, Category C, Type S-M.
The filter/water separator is designed and constructed according to engineering guidelines and pressure vessel regulation AD-2000. Design and construction according to ASME Code is available if required.
- EI 1581 6th edition, Category C, Type S-M, applies to mobile horizontal filtration in civil aircraft refuelling
- Design & Construction: EI 1596, 2nd Edition
- Design pressure: 10 bar (145 psi)
- Maximum flow rate: 4.180 l/min (1.104 US gpm)
- Equipped with: Coalescer Element P2.1-770-6, qual. to EI 1581 6th Edition, Category C, Type S-M & Separator Element 60.4C4-754-DV (Teflon® coated), qual. to EI 1581 6th Edition,Category C, Type S-M.
Dirt Defence Filter
Dirt defence filters are designed to remove fine solids such as rust, sand and other particulates efficiently and continuously from aviation fuel.
FAUDI Aviation dirt defence filters, both 2in and 6in, are qualified according to specification EI 1599, 2nd Edition. They are an economical and reliable alternative to filter monitor elements eliminating the associated SAP* (Super Absorbent Polymer) problem. They are intended specifically for retrofit into filter monitor vessels. Dirt defence filter must be used in conjunction with a qualified EI 1598 water sensor, e.g. AFGUARD®.
- Hydrant dispensers
- Other mobile refuelling units
- Nominal filtration: Acc. EI 1599, 2nd Ed.
- Flow direction: Out-to-in
- Change-out differential pressure: 1,5 bar (22 psi)
- Maximum pressure differential rating: 12 bar (175 psi)
- Service time (max.): Max. 60 months
- Operating temperature: -30 °C (-22°F) to +80 °C (+176°F)
The Vertical Filter Housing (VFH) assembly provides three element options to meet the requirements in the aviation fuel filtration industry: Coalescer/Separator Element, Filter Monitor, Microfilter (Prefilter)
The VFH system fascinates by high economic efficiency as well as an easy installation. It is designed and constructed for easy element change-out. For use with JET Fuel, AVGAS, Diesel and MoGas.
- Stationary and mobile fuelling equipment
- Diesel dispensing systems
- Marine fuel systems
- Changeout differential pressure: 1.0 bar (15 psi)
- Design pressure (housing): 10 bar (145 psi)
- Flow rate (max.): 193 l/min (51 US gpm)
- Operating temperature: -10°C (14° F) to +50°C (122°F)
- +49 (0) 6428 4465 275