Ferrovial

Ferrovial - Private Airport Operator

Ferrovial is the world’s largest private manager of transportation infrastructure and a leading services provider. It is one of Spain’s most international companies, operating in 49 countries, with a workforce of 107,000 and assets totalling 48.2 billion euros.

The merger with Cintra, strengthens Ferrovial’s business model, which is focused on end-to-end infrastructure management, design, financing , construction, operation and maintenance. To this end, the company is active in complementary sectors, such as airport and toll road construction and operation, as well as services.

Ferrovial manages landmark assets such as Heathrow airport, and the Chicago Skyway, Ausol, Autema and 407 ETR toll roads. It also provides services to more than 800 municipalities in Spain and to the millions of London Underground and Madrid Metro users.

Company Profile

  • Ferrovial Airports

    Ferrovial Airports is the division that integrates all of Ferrovial’s airport operations and management activities. The most important company in this division is BAA (www.baa.com), with eight airports. In addition, Ferrovial also manages Cerro Moreno Airport in Antofagasta (Chile).

    A consortium led by Ferrovial acquired BAA in July 2006, with the participation of Caisse de Dépôt et placement du Québec and Baker Street Investment. BAA owns seven airports in the United Kingdom: Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Southampton, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, as well as one in Italy (Naples).

    More than 151.4 million passengers used one of BAA’s airports in 2008, and a total of 337 airlines operated in these airports, with flights to 811 destinations.

    The three London airports which are the company’s most important, serve some 123 million passengers every year. Heathrow, the third biggest airport in the world and the Group’s largest, registered traffic of 67 million in 2008.

    At Heathrow, the opening of T5 in March 2008 was the first step in the transformation of the airport. The investment program planned until 2013 will involve the construction of a new terminal (Heathrow East), to replace T1 and T2, and the refurbishment of Terminals 3 and 4. When all these projects have been completed, 70% of passengers will be using new terminals and the remaining 30% will have been refurbished.

    In January 2009, the British government approved the construction of a third runway, representing a crucial step in the development of Heathrow airport. BAA is committed to ensuring compliance with strict environmental limits before increasing the number of flights at the airport.

    Ferrovial Airports

Contact

Ferrovial
C/ Caleruega 102-104
Edificio Ofipinar, pl. 9 28033
Madrid
Spain