SkyLine® Air Traffic Management System
Drawing on its vast experience managing some of the world’s most complex airspace, Leidos developed its SkyLine® Air Traffic Management Systems to meet the needs of the mid-market international arena. Currently there are several air traffic control (ATC) systems in Europe and Asia that are based on the SkyLine product family, including systems in Albania, China, Kazakhstan, Korea and New Zealand.
A comprehensive, commercial off-the-shelf solution, SkyLine systems feature flight data processing (FDP) and surveillance data processing (SDP) capabilities that can function as a tower, terminal area, procedural or flow monitoring system service.
It provides a flexible configuration of features and functions to fit customer requirements.
SkyLine - Air Traffic Management System
SkyLine systems are designed for fail-safe operation. Software architecture offers multiple paths for data processing and critical 24/7 safety net functions. Meanwhile, simulation and training options ensure operators are prepared to run the systems.
The system works with all major global radar sensors and also has automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B) and point-to-point communications capability. It functionally integrates data communications between a pilot and ground communications, receives and processes multilateration surveillance data, and provides a plotting tool for immediate documentation of aircraft track history.
Other key features include:
- Automatic insertion of standard instrument departures (SIDs) and standard terminal arrival route procedures (STARS)
- Flight plan route expansion and 4-D modeling
- Aircraft situational display interface for third party add-on functions, such as customer billing, noise monitoring or traffic display applications
SkyLine systems are compliant with global aviation standards issued by EUROCONTROL and the International Civil Air Organization (ICAO), including On-Line Data Interchange (OLDI) and automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) protocols. It also is compatible with the EUROCONTROL Advanced Radar Tracker and Server (ARTAS) subsystem.
A SkyLine system can be installed in operational sites in months not years. Case in point: a recent installation in Astana, Kazakhstan, went online in just 10 months to control 47 percent of the country’s airspace.
SkyLine Enterprise™ is a cost-effective and comprehensive air traffic management solution that enhances safety, reduces flight delays, saves fuel and limits environmental impact from aircraft.
- Developed from a proven solution that includes components fielded with military and civilian operators around the world.
- Uses system software operating at 38 en route centers, 121 approach control facilities, and 4 oceanic/procedural control facilities controlling over 60 percent of the world’s air traffic.
- Flight data processing system enables airlines and other users to fly their preferred routes, enhancing on-time performance and fuel efficiency.
- Advanced flight path conflict search for conditions that could cause delay or pose danger, even in areas where there is no coverage from surveillance systems, such as radar and automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast systems.
Drawing on its vast experience managing some of the world’s most complex airspace, Leidos developed its SkyLine® Air Traffic Management Systems to meet the needs of the mid-market international arena. Currently there are several air …
What is the Change? Lockheed Martin Corporation (“Lockheed Martin”) announced on January 26, 2016 that it will separate and realign its Information Systems & Global Solutions (“IS&GS”), including Lockheed Martin Business Technology Solutions (LMBTS) business segments …
8 Elliot Place
- +44 (0) 141 814 3700