Time Distribution, Time Reference Systems, Synchronisation, Time Server, Masterclock Systems, NTP Servers, PTP Grandmasters, Slave Clock, Primary Reference Clock, PRC, PRTC and SyncE
MOBATIME is the leading brand for innovative time display, time distribution and airport time reference systems. Equipments and components are developed, manufactured and promoted by Moser-Baer AG, Switzerland.
MOBATIME offers practical experience and extensive technology know-how in time systems for a wide range of application fields. This includes outdoor and indoor clocks, clock movements, master clocks and time servers.
Moser-Baer AG was founded in 1938 in Sumiswald, Switzerland. In 1960, the company developed the first fully electronic quartz master clocks thus entering the era of electronics. Today the company is still located in Sumiswald in the Emmental. However, over the years Moser-Baer AG opened a branch office in Germany and our Swiss Industrial clocks are also represented in other countries including Czech Republic, Russia, India and Germany.
MOBATIME is the leading brand of Moser-Baer AG for the development, production and worldwide distribution of clock systems, time systems and time references, including Masterclock Systems and NTP Time Servers, PTP Grandmasters and PRC.
In addition, the company provides professional services worldwide as a reliable development and production partner, primarily in medical technology.
Airport Clocks and Time Distribution Systems
GPS-synchronized master clocks and sub-master clocks
Centralized systems for airport applications usually have a network consisting of a GPS synchronized main master clock, located in the main control room, and a number of sub-master clocks at various terminals. These master clocks then synchronize slave clocks and other IT systems in their environment, whereas the main master clock is connected with all sub-master clocks by means of the LAN/WAN and appropriate protocols (e.g. NTP-PTP).
Timeservers for different applications:
MOBATIME can offer a variety of products and components for such applications and provides full customer support with regard to general system approach, depending on BoQ and customer specific requirements.
Transmission System for Slave Clocks
Options to distribute time signals = NTP, MOBALine, IRIG-B, Serial messages, PTP, SyncE, E1/T1
NTP is a protocol tob e transmitted over Ethernet Network NTP standards RFC 1305 (V3) and RFC 4330 (SNTP V4).
LAN communication used for:
- NTP / PTP client system synchronisation
- Self-setting digital and analog slave clocks synchronisation
- Can be operated in NTP unicast and multicast mode, whatever is more convenient for the specific installation
- Clocks can be integrated into a supervision/management system. The clocks are able to send alarm- and alive- traps to the assigned SNMP manager
- Clocks can be managed and operated from a centralized station by using the software MOBA NMS (Network Management Software)
MOBALine is a two-wire transmission system for maintenance-free self-setting slave clocks and remotely synchronized computer-based systems.
MOBALine sets the time of:
- Self-setting digital and analog slave clocks
- Relays – switching of remotely located loads such as light, heat, bells, etc.
- Any system designed to be synchronized by DCF antennas, DCF-FSK or IRIG-B codes
- Time zone clocks
Advantages include data transmission with self-correcting code, two-wire low-voltage cables for data and power, and maintenance-free, centralized time-distribution. It allows new slave clocks to be installed under MOBALine power.
MOBALine is well-established in many different fields such as airports, railways, subways, industries, administration buildings, hospitals and schools.
Customized Indoor and Outdoor Clocks
For airports, MOBATIME has developed specific indoor and outdoor clocks, exactly following the relevant customers specifications regarding design, modular concept approach, reliability, maintainability, integration into electrical and/or IT infrastructure, etc.
Many airports use MOBATIME clocks, clock movements and master clocks.
Time reference (Air Traffic Control)
Time references from MOBATIME master clocks guarantee that controlling and monitoring networks and the devices and instruments linked to these proceed in exact lockstep with one another.
A crucial safety demand for people and monitoring instruments. With its master clocks and time servers, MOBATIME delivers dependable time references for air traffic control monitoring systems.
Airport Time Systems and Clocks
- International Airport, Toronto, Canada
- Delhi International Airport, India
- Airport “Orly Sud“, Paris, France
- International Airport “King Fahd International“, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- International Terminal 1 & 2, Frankfurt, Germany
- International Airport “Gardermoen”, Oslo, Norway
- International Airport Changi, Terminal 1 & 2, Singapore
- International Airport Changi, Tower, Singapore
- International Airport Congonhas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- International Airport Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Airport Time Reference System
- Air Traffic Control, Schiphol, Holland
- Air Traffic Control, Oslo, Norway
- Air Traffic Control, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Air Traffic Control, Rotterdam, Holland
- Air Traffic Control “Belgocontrol”, Brussels, Belgium
- Air Traffic Control “Skyguide”, Geneva, Switzerland
- Air Traffic Control “Skyguide”, Zürich, Switzerland
- Air Civil Aviation (21 Airports), Spain
- International Airport Domodedowo, Moscow, Russia
- Air Traffic Control, Shenyang, China
- +41 34 432 46 37