Aircraft Noise and Flight Track Monitoring Systems
Topsonic is specialised in the development, marketing and installation of “easy to use” Aircraft Noise and Flight Track Monitoring Systems.
The system provides noise monitoring, radar flight tracking, noise complaint handling, weather monitoring, noise modelling and standard or individual reporting. The Aircraft noise and Flight track monitoring systems can be used for noise abatement programs, for community relations, and to provide data to other airport departments.
Topsonic has installed more than 400 noise monitoring terminals worldwide. The Aircraft Noise and Flight Track Monitoring Systems of Topsonic is designed to provide an aid in decision-making for the implementation of, and adherence to environmental regulations and the improvement of emission values.
The features of Topsonic’s monitoring system are flight track analysis, replay of flight situations (including noise levels) in 3-D, noise analysis, weather monitoring, complaint handling, detection of track deviations from the predefined departure routes.
The system correlates noise and flight track data with a 100 % correlation rate, and provides standard or customised reports which are suitable for use in public presentations concerning aircraft noise, and noise abatement programmes.
TOPSONIC NOISE- AND FLIGHT TRACK MONITORING
Topsonic Noise & Track monitoring System is adapted to our customers’ needs and completely integrated into the airport’s infrastructure. Our products can be installed on virtual servers or existing servers.
Noise events are automatically correlated with the radar data for identifying the source. Our system offers different types of correlation (radar–correlation, time window correlation and manual correlation). Therefore the Topsonic system reaches highest correlation rates. Furthermore our system offers the availability of an audible control of the noise event, because each event is stored as an MP3 file inside the noise monitoring station. In addition the user is able to listen the actual sound by connecting to a live stream (like internet radio).
Our reporting module is compatible with the latest Microsoft Office products.
- modern Microsoft Office-like user interface (Ribbon-technology, dockable windows)
- export: Excel, PDF, HTML
- allowance of specific customer wishes for calculation methods, presentation
(Corporate Layout) and specific reports.
- Flexible filtering of data for calculation
- Free combinable single reports to a batch processing
- Exhaustive significance of national standards
TOPSONIC FLIGHT TRACK ANALYSIS
The radar module guarantees a 100 % correlation of flight and measured noise. The module supports several kinds of track display:
- Track Dump: A mass plot of selected flights is a display in 2D or 3D with actual flight information, such as climb rate, speed and altitude. The track selection can be made according to any flight information such as carrier, aircraft type, runway, SID/STARs, etc.
- Track Density Plot (illustrate the concentration of flight paths around the airport)
- Mean tracks calculation (arrival and departure route)
- Detection of all flight movements with deviations from the pre-defined routes and corridors.
- Easy-to-use editor for the definition of the SID/STARs
- Correction of broken radar tracks and automatic filling of missing track segments down to the runway, for better correlation of stations near the airport
- Exact calculation of the flight altitude by means of a barometric height correction.
- Smoothing algorithms filter all reflections
- Comprehensive gate penetration module with horizontal and vertical gates.
- Track analysis of aircraft flying over a forbidden area
- Display of the tracks with Google Earth®
- Export of the tracks to Google Earth®
- Climb Profile (altitude versus the flown distance)
- CDA detection
TRAVIS - TOPSONIC TRACK VISUALIZATION
TraVis is a web-based module which displays flight tracks together with measured noise data in the vicinity of an airport, which is clearly displayed on a map. TraVis extends the airport’s public relations and improves the dialogue between residents, complainants and the airport environmental department.
Some TraVis functionalities and characteristics:
- Clearly laid out presentation of live or historical track and noise data
- Different map views: terrain, satellite, road map, hybrid
- Presentation of additional weather data (temperature, Wind, rain fall, air pressure, humidity)
- Level diagrams for the noise monitoring stations with colored gradiation of the measurement values
- Climb profiles for all flight tracks
- Automatic noise event detection with colored identification marking
- Graphical distance display with calculation of point of closest approach for flight tracks
- Detailed flight and radar data for all tracks
- Observer’s position editable on the map
- Historical data can be viewed up to 20 times faster
- Comfortable measurement of distances on the map
- To the split second exact noise and radar data in best quality
- Modern web user interface for efficient work
- Intuitive user interface with comfortable zoom and navigation tools like Google Maps
- Simple browser access from each computer or mobile device
- Future-proof — only standard technologies are used (no Flashplayer!)
- Appearance is adaptable to airport’s corporate identity design
- Multi language support
TOPSONIC NOISE MONITORING TERMINAL
Topsonic systems measure continuously and unbroken – 365 days per year, in ice and snow, in the desert and in tropical environments.
A noise monitoring station consists mainly from measurement instrumentation (sound level meter and weather proof microphone), a computer and communication modules (router or modem), an optional weather sensor, an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) , sensors for vandalism protection, power loss and temperature, a weather proof cabinet and a tilting mast.
Topsonic Noise Monitoring Stations operate under the most difficult ambient conditions. The temperature range is -20°C to +55°C. Power consumption is very low. Optionally additional sensors like ADSB receiver or weather proof camera can be integrated.
Topsonic noise monitoring stations are protected against lightning and electrical surges.
In addition we offer mobile noise monitoring stations for changing sites of operations. Functionality and measurement instrumentation is identical to our stationary stations. Mobile stations are located either in a handy pelican case or in a car trailer for unattended use.
The car trailer version is available with solar power and/or fuel cell power. This allows more than a half year unattended operation without any external power source.
Topsonic Systemhaus GmbH at inter airport Europe 2017, Munich, 10th - 13th October 2017, Hall A5, Stand 1120Topsonic Systemhaus GmbH looks back on more than 20 years of successful work worldwide. Founded in 1996, Topsonic has quickly established itself as one of the biggest suppliers of aircraft noise monitoring systems, radar visualization …
Topsonic Systemhaus GmbH is manufacturer of aircraft noise monitoring systems, environmental information systems and flight and track analysis systems since its foundation in 1996. The …
Santiago de Chile Airport launches our web based application “TraVis” presenting flight tracks together with aircraft noise, aircraft climb profiles and weather conditions in internet. The application includes the “Calculated Sound …