|Company||JLC Aviation Services Ltd|
JLC Automation Services have recently designed, developed and fabricated a new range of fully certified ISO 16933:2007 EXV25 compliant blast enhanced, sliding door systems. With the number of threats increasing constantly, we saw a great need to develop a product that can be installed in various infrastructure buildings in order to protect those inside.
Doors of this nature have been produced before; however, we take great pride in being able to say that we manufacture the largest doors that have ever withstood a blast test of this magnitude – measuring 30% larger than any comparable doors systems.
A few weeks ago, the JLC bomb-blast team, joined by our high profile clients, witnessed the incredible force generated by a car bomb. What was more impressive was what followed… a JLC sliding door system, gleaming in the sun, showing naught but a scratch, and still operational.
Key Advantages of the system properties are:
- Extremely robust design optimises operational reliability
- Door system still meets all BS EN 16005 safety regulations
- Largest sliding door system tested to ISO 16933 EXV25 blast classification
- Purpose designed retaining sections to increase structural integrity
- Various design choices & technical options available
- Doors able to be manually operated with ease following a blast – allowing for emergency services to enter and/or peoples to avoid being trapped
Tested to highly demanding requirements
Our product development and testing is carried out in accordance with the most demanding standards. The EXV25 / 100Kg TNT blast is designed to replicate a car bomb with a peak reflected pressure of 80kPa. Our design also includes additional features to aid in ensuring life and property remains sufficiently protected.