Regula released a new version of Document Reader SDK – 4.12.1. This version contains a number of changes and fixes, along with the updated database of document templates (241 countries/territories and 6584 document templates included, with 203 new templates among them).
The key features of the newly updated Document Reader SDK 4.12.1 include:
- A greatly enhanced document type recognition module, which now works 10 times faster. As a result, the database size has been reduced by 50MB, along with the loading time which has also decreased significantly.
- OCR for Russian national passports was substantially improved, with both speed and accuracy.
- OCR for Hebrew was also sufficiently upgraded.
- RFID SDK has been re-certified for conformance to BSI TR-03105 – Conformity Tests for Official Electronic ID Documents: Part 5.1, EACv1, version 1.41; Part 5.2, EACv2, version 1.2. It is now certified for Windows, Linux and Android operating systems.
- SDK version 4.12.1 now provides a better performance of both scanning and video-detection processes for Regula 7028M, 7017 and 7027 document readers.