Radiation Monitors for Security Applications at Airports
Arktis develops next generation radiation detection systems that intercept and classify transiting radiological & nuclear materials for security applications. Our systems are modular and scalable in order to work for static, removeable and mobile solutions, enhancing security standards and ease of operations, for users demanding high efficiency and high throughput Arktis also supply Radiation Portal Monitors for Airports.
Arktis systems are designed to work efficiently in fields of application where heavy traffic of goods, vehicles and people are expected, such as airport security checkpoints and patrols, border security checkpoints and patrols, large events or government buildings.
Our highly qualified team develop systems with full compliance to top world security standards such as ANSI, but also achieving a further step into IOT through fully networkable devices, capable of being arranged into user friendly WAN or LAN, controlled by a single operations room. All radiation detectors have PoE interfaces and excellent cybersecurity measures.
Arktis active participation in large and ambitious US and EU homeland security programs such as SIGMA DARPA and Horizon 2020 is a guarantee of serious commitment and efforts to deliver 100% integrable, open systems architecture, networked security systems.
The range of products Arktis offers for airport applications is wide, but can be reduced to essentially 3 categories:
- Radiation Portal Monitors (FRPM) for vehicles such as trucks or airport baggage trains: fixed or removeable, Arktis FRPM detect and classify any radiation anomaly. It complies with ANSI 42.35 detection standards. As with all Arktis products it is customizable to customers’ needs and offers a full selection of peripherals for vehicle control, such as: alarm beacons, traffic lights, traffic bars, number plate recognition. Automatic and remotely controllable, the RPM can be integrated in preexisting networks and even synchronize with X-ray machines to work close by.
- Radiation Portal Monitors (RPM) for pedestrians: fixed or removeable, those portals can be indoor or outdoor, featuring the same characteristics of the larger FRPM. Ideal for transit passages between terminals and to border control.
- Customizable area monitors: Arktis modular and ultra-thin large area radiation detectors (flat panel gamma, FPG) can be used everywhere in an airport while being fully concealed. Can be integrated in conveyor belts, x-ray scanning machines, karts, treadmills etc.
Arktis was incorporated in 2007 in the wake of several major events that highlighted the need to counter the emerging nuclear threat to world security. The team leveraged their extensive understanding of nuclear physics to apply it to the design and production of next generation radiation detection systems. At Arktis, we design and manufacture advanced integrated systems that detect and categorize radiological and nuclear materials with an unprecedented level of accuracy and reliability. Arktis is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
P2000: Multipurpose Portable Radiation Portal Monitor
The P2000 portable radiation portal monitor (PRPM) provides unparalleled flexibility and requires minimal setup time. It detects gamma and neutron radiation from smuggled radiological material. Its modularity enables obstruction-free configurations suitable for scanning luggage, pedestrians or cars. The system can be controlled remotely via a secure connection. The monitor software is web based and thus compatible with any operating system. Operations can be customized through various peripherals and software algorithm options.
The P2000 is man-portable and can be transported by a team of two. It is suited for a wide variety of deployment scenarios, providing security to mass events and critical infrastructure as well as airports. The P2000 allows source detection at high throughput, high flexibility and remote control, with very low false alarm rates.
- Gamma and Neutron radiation detection,
- Luggage, pedestrians, cars
- One or two sided measurement
- Occupancy or threshold-based measurements
- Supports CCTV cameras and other peripherals (optional)
Easy and fast installation and operation:
- Outdoor or indoor (IP54)
- Clear lane (no cable hindrance on the floor)
- High stability (uneven surfaces)
- Minimal setup time (20 minutes)
- Highly sensitive: designed to ANSI requirements
- Gamma and neutron measurement
- Automatic scanning, high throughput
- Smart control interface (networkable, remote access
MODES_SNM Mobile Radiation Detection System - Vehicle mounted radiation detection platform
Mobile detection systems have the versatility to cover a broad spectrum of radiation detection missions. While deployed in the daily business of port security and law enforcement, they can also be kept ready for rapid deployment in emergencies such as reactor accidents, heightened terrorism threats, recovery actions for lost or stolen nuclear materials, or intelligence driven operations.
MODES_SNM is a highly modular, customizable platform that detects and identifies radiological and nuclear materials. Three functionality packages allow the system to be configured for your mission.
Monitor passing traffic and conveyances to detect nuclear and radiological threats
Detect radiological sources while driving
Patrol areas while automatically creating dose rate maps
Arktis FRPM-B Radiation Portal Monitor
High throughput radiation portal monitor for vehicles
The Arktis FRPM-B allows highly reliable screening of trucks and cargo containers for radiological threats and smuggled materials. It detects gamma and neutron radiation with very low false alarm rates. Real-time alarm categorization enables high throughput with minimal impact on daily operations and flow of goods. The modular open systems architecture provides highest performance at low total cost of ownership.
Arktis FRPM-B primary screening radiation portal monitors zoom in on available signatures and select those with high threat parameters. During a learning phase, alarm parameters are tailored to adapt to the stream of commerce, minimizing nuisance alarms. Data can be transferred to a central alarm station and to a secure network. Compliant to ANSI standards. System designed to specifications of most recent US Homeland Security requirements.
- Real-time alarm categorization to ensure optimal threat detection and minimal false alarms
- High detection performance
- Reliable high speed screening
- User friendly software and GUI
- Data transfer to network and central alarm station, secure remote access can be set up
- ‘Replay Tool’ to allow modeling and optimization of system performance in a specific location.
- Compatible with third party networks and software.
Arktis Radiation Detectors Ltd.
- +41 44 559 11 11