Two Way Radio Communications for Airside, Logistic Support and All Area Security
From the busiest international airports employing thousands of people to the smaller airfields the pressure to deliver timely and quality services to customers is vital. With the largest airports serving tens of millions of passengers each year, coordinating services effectively and efficiently is of paramount importance. That’s why clear and reliable two-way radio communications between all parties is important. Whether you are the airport operator itself, an airline, security, baggage or handling it’s critical that your two-way radio communications meets the mark.
That’s where Icom come in. For over the last 50 years, Icom has been designing and manufacturing the most reliable and innovative two-way radio solutions in the world. Whether it is a business, maritime, avionic or consumer option, there is no other manufacturer that can supply a complete range of radio solution. Icom can provide Airports and suppliers of all sizes with a range of solutions to suit their business needs to aid operational efficiency, business continuity, safety and security.
From the most reliable Aviation Ground to Air Radios to the very latest in Two-Way Radio Communication system technologies, Icom can provide solutions for individuals and user groups operating at desks, on foot or from vehicles.
Icom have a number of Commercial Radio Solutions for the Aviation sector:
- Ground to Air Two-Way Radio Solutions
- Ground-based Two-Way Radio Solutions
- Two-Way Digital Business Radio Solutions (in analogue, digital, IP, LTE and Satellite PTT formats)
- Scanners/Radio Receivers
Ground to Air Two-Way Radio Solutions
Icom have a number of ground to air solutions from handhelds, mobile and even base station units.
IC-A16E Handheld – Ground-to-Air Communications
The IC-A16E is a dependable, rugged Ground-to-Air handheld and is very simple to use meaning that authorised staff can be quickly trained to use this radio effectively. The IC-A16E has a strong, water-resistant construction that provides reliability in all conditions. Both the display and keypad are backlit, which is a very useful feature for use at night. The IC-A16E has both 8.33kHz and 25kHz channel spacing as well as built-in Bluetooth technology.
IC-A120E Vehicle Panel Mount – Ground-to-Air Communications
The IC-A120E is a tough panel-mount transceiver especially aimed at airport ground crew and is suitable for installation in most vehicles. The IC-A120E features both 8.33kHz and 25kHz channel spacing, plus the latest noise cancelling and Bluetooth technology.
IC-A210E Vehicle Panel Mount – Ground-to-Air Communications
The IC-A210E is a popular fit in ground support vehicles in the aviation industry…benefiting from the same dimensions and connections as the industry-leading predecessor, the IC-A200, making an upgrade to 8.33/25k a very simple exchange with IC-A200 models already in use.
IC-A120E VHF Base-Station – Ground-to-Air Communications
Our IC-A120E aviation desktop base-station is perfect for any airfield that needs to communicate with both aircraft and airside vehicles from a control tower. The IC-A120E base-station uses mains power and can be connected to an externally mounted antenna.
Ground-based Two-Way Radio Solutions
Icom have a range of analogue, digital, IP, LTE and satellite PTT radio products. Equipment tends to be available in four types: handheld, vehicle mounted mobile, desk top base station and repeater base station.
- Handheld two-way radios are the walkie talkie type of radios you see people carrying around. These are available in license and unlicensed versions
- Vehicle mounted mobile two-way radios mount in a car or truck, and they use the vehicle’s battery for power. They will achieve better range by using an externally mounted antenna on the vehicle.
- Desktop base station radios use mains power and can be connected to a cable that leads to an external mounted antenna. The higher the antenna is mounted, the better the range. The vehicle mounted mobile radio are often used as base stations by adding an AC to DC power converter
- Two Way Radio repeaters are essentially radios that increase the operational range of your PMR radio system. Repeaters can be used to cover areas in your business where a two-way radio will not transmit or receive. A repeater receives the transmission of a two-way radio and rebroadcasts it further. Every Icom two-way business radio is repeater capable, from the low-cost IC-F1000 series to the advanced IC-F3400D digital two way.
- RMS-Net Digital Radio Management System provides any organisations with efficient communication within the workforce and improved management of health and safety. This software solution logs all radio traffic onto a central database whilst desktop users stay in touch via PC. RMS-Net is incorporated into the following radio management systems, thus providing organisations with improved management of health and safety and communication with the mobile workforce.
A new alternative? – Advances in Radio Technology
Icom’s IP Advanced Radio System, which works over wireless LAN (WLAN) and IP networks, utilises a network controller and remote communicators/handsets and provides secure conversation via WLAN security protocols (WPA-PSK and WPA-PSK2). The system is totally licence-free.
Another alternative is the new Icom LTE Radio System which is also license-free. Using the LTE/4G network, the system gives you mobile phone coverage but with Push-to-Talk two-way radio communications. With the custom ICOM sim card, users benefit from a closed private network and you can simply turn on and use, no installation required.
Both systems have a huge amount of benefits, but we see it providing further choice alongside analogue and digital radio systems.
There are strong reasons for customers to move towards these new technologies including no licence fee, encrypted communication and excellent audio quality.
Both systems can be used like a traditional radio system with individual and group calling. All of this is done by allocating each individual hand portable a personality on the system. It’s a direct replacement to radio systems with increased capacity but using different technology.
In terms of installation, the system can be so much simpler. To put communications in a building you would traditionally use a distributed antenna system, maybe including a lift shaft to get full coverage. The process is much simpler, the IP Advanced Radio System uses wireless access points around the building and the LTE Radio System uses pre-existing telephone signal masts that are installed throughout the country.
Satellite PTT (Push-To-Talk) is a new two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks.
You want to listen and monitor air traffic with our range of Airband Scanners. Icom’s receiver line-up is varied and has products starting with a simple handheld receiver going up to a professional base station with some of the most advanced radio technology.
For more information about our products you can visit our following websites:
C-F3202DEX/F4202DEX ATEX Digital Two-Way Radio Series
Altira Business Park
- 01227 741741