Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is ranked among the top 10 busiest airports in the world, averaging 1,400 daily aircraft operations. CLT serves approximately 178 nonstop destinations around the globe and welcomes more than 46 million passengers annually. (CLT Fast Facts)
Charlotte Douglas received the prestigious Eagle Award in 2010 from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) for “Best Airport.” It is considered the most distinguished of awards in the aviation industry. CLT was recognized for its quality service and economical value to airline customers.
We will serve as an economic engine of the Carolinas, facilitating the movement of people and goods, creating jobs and enterprise and sustaining a higher quality of life.
We will be the preferred airport and airline hub by providing the highest quality product for the lowest possible cost.
The Airport is operated financially on a fully self-sustaining basis – no general fund revenues have ever been or are appropriated to the cost of the facilities or operations. Rather, Airport revenues defray all capital and operating costs including the cost of City furnished services. Airport revenue types include the airfield, terminal area, concessions, parking and the cargo area. This gives the Airport its annual operating budget.
Interactive Airport Parking Map
Prepare For Travel
- CLT consists of one terminal building connecting five concourses (A-E) as shown on the terminal map.
- There are no trams or shuttles to catch to connect from one flight to another. All gates are accessible under one roof.
- All concourses and aircraft gates are accessible from any security checkpoint.
- Security checkpoint lines may be adjusted during peak travel times to accommodate anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage and directions from personnel.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home or using mobile boarding passes.
- Contact your airline before heading to the airport regarding:
- Baggage quantity, size and weight restrictions.
- The most current flight information.
- Wheelchairs, passenger loading lifts and special assistance throughout a connection, or an ADA escort.
- Curbside check-in availability.
- CLT is a smoke-free facility; this includes all restaurants, bars, lounges and airline clubs. Smoking is allowed outside, 100 feet away from the terminal’s doorway. As smoking is only permitted outside the terminal, screening at a security checkpoint is required to return to the gate area.
Traveling with Children
- Allow extra time to check in and proceed through security checkpoints.
- Pack activities for children in your carry-on luggage.
- Explore interesting art installations throughout the terminal.
- Contact your airline before heading to the airport for escort assistance for a minor, or if you are meeting a child requiring assistance at the gate.
Traveling with Pets or Service Animals
- Check with your airline concerning specific policies for traveling with pets.
- Pet Relief Areas are located post-security inside the terminal and pre-security outside the Arrivals/Baggage Claim level.
- Except for service animals, pets are to remain in their carriers while in the terminal.
5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway
- +1 704-359-4013