Toulouse–Blagnac Airport is an international airport located 3.6 nautical miles west northwest of Toulouse, partially in Blagnac, both communes of the Haute-Garonne department in the Occitanie region of France.
Toulouse is the land of French and European aeronautics pioneers. Over the course of its history, Toulouse-Blagnac Airport has made a huge contribution to this epic story. The first terminal was built in 1953 with the first ever concorde flight on the 2nd March 1969 taking off from Toulouse. The second terminal was completed in 1978 with the construction of Hall 2 in 1991. Surprisingly the first car park wasn’t opened until 2001 and not long after came the test flight of the Airbus A380. 8 years later the A350 had it’s maiden flight from the airport. In 2018, new shopping outlets opened as well as the 4 Star NH Toulouse Airport hotel.
A Concorde formerly operated by Air France with the registration F-BVFC is preserved at the Aeroscopia Museum near the airport. Both Airbus and ATR manufacture aircraft at nearby facilities and test them from the airport. Airbus and ATR utilize runway 32L/14R for flight testing and delivery flights, while runway 32R/14L is used by commercial flights coming in to Toulouse.