The Ground Run-up Enclosure (GRE) is a combined acoustic and jet blast protection structure that allows aircraft engine testing either for first engine runs after manufacture or post maintenance activities for MRO’s or airlines.
The dual function provides acoustic benefits of up to 20dB(A) by providing noise absorption and blocking the transmission of noise directly to noise sensitive locations while incorporating jet blast protection built into the rear wall structure.
Key Features of the IAC GRE
- Fully scalable design for code C (III), D (IV), E (V) & F (VI) aircraft
- Combined construction rear wall structure, aerodynamically shaped to provide blast control and acoustic performance
- Can be constructed to existing foundations or new (subject to assessment)
- Unique shape and aerodynamic features to promote excellent airflow characteristics with elimination of recirculation of exhaust gasses
- Excellent performance in crosswinds, increasing usability in accordance with aircraft manufacturer ground running limitations
- Ultra-low maintenance in any environment due to materials of construction
- Exceptional acoustic performance, providing maximum attenuation for this type of facility
- Wide range of operational options including lighting, weather monitoring and display, CCTV systems, control room/acoustic room for operators, acoustic monitoring and recording, fire protections systems