Need to read visas, passports and have limited amount of space? The ML 2 A is your answer and ideal for any application when it comes to reading passports or travel documents. The ML 2 A is CUTE & CUPPS certified.
This device contains two independent readers: The OCR module for machine readable documents (e.g. ID cards, passports) and a magnetic card reader for recording credit cards, loyalty or access cards. The ergonomic design has been selected to achieve optimum adaptation to human work movement.
Both internal readers operate bi-directionally, so that documents and cards can be fed through the reader in both directions. This means that the input device is ergonomic and easy-to-use for both right and left-handed users.
The option to install this device flush-mounted into the user’s furniture fittings completes the outstanding ergonomic design. For all applications which require clear, rapid recording of machine- readable data from documents, this module offers a practical and cost-effective solution.
- Power supply via USB 5V+- 5%
- Power consumption < 500 mA
- USB interface
- Control via virtual COM interface or PC keyboard wedge
- Bidirectional document feed
- Reads machine-readable travel documents that comply with ICAO9303
- Reads OCR-B data from machine-readable passports with 2 lines and maximum of 44 characters (OCR A data on request)
- Reads machine-readable visas with 2 lines and max. 44 characters or 2 lines with 36 characters
- Reads machine-readable travel documents with 2 lines and 36 characters, or 3 lines and 30 characters
- Reads bank checks, MICR E13B encoded according to ISO 1004
- Other machine-readable data on request
- Software update via USB interface
Magnetic card reader:
- Card can be swiped in both directions
- Reads track 1, 2 and 3 in accordance with ISO 7810, ISO 7811
- Additional configuration: AAMVA,CADL
- Parameters can be adjusted using WinProgrammer (header and terminator)
- Magnetic head can perform over 1 million read cycles
- OPOS and Java POS drivers status indicator for good/bad reading
- The device complies with the permitted limit values of the following standards with regard to radio interference.
- EN 55022
- DIN EN 61000-4-2 (15 kV air discharge, 8 kV contact discharge)
- DIN EN 61000-4-3 (10 V/m)
- DIN EN 61000-4-8
- FCC part 15, limit class A
- Operating temperature range: 5°C to 40°C
- Storage temperature range: -40°C to 60°C
- Rel. operational humidity: 40% to 90% RH