A modular free standing roof edge protection system that does not penetrate the roof membrane.
Safe environment for all working on a roof
One of the HSE recommendations in reducing risk taken by people working on a roof is to select and use the right rooftop safety equipment. For contractors and engineers accessing flat roofs to carry out essential building, repair and maintenance work, safety guardrailing afforded by collective roof edge protection system can make a major contribution to minimising danger. The collective system that is selected must meet the highest safety standards. Our KeeGuard® rooftop guardrail system is fully tested and meets or exceeds current rooftop safety requirements. Not all free standing roof edge protection systems offer this level of security of rooftop areas.
KeeGuard® is a modular free standing rooftop guardrail system which does not penetrate the roof membrane. The system works on a proven counterweight system, recycled PVC weights provide high visibility, non-slip secure base that does not penetrate the roof membrane. Galvanised fittings and tube deliver collective protection which ensures a safe working environment for anyone working on a roof.
The KeeGuard® roof edge protection system offers maximum flexibility for most rooftop configurations, almost any flat roof up to 10 degrees can be accommodated. The system is available for different roof types, either for use where a restraining wall such as a parapet is in place or where the rooftop is completely open around the perimeter. The KeeGuard® rooftop guardrail system can be used for retrofitting to older buildings as well as for new constructions.
The KeeGuard® systems is also available in a lightweight aluminium version.
Design & installation service
Kee Safety offers a full design and installation service. We can undertake surveys and produce CAD drawings for your project. If you are interested in our services, please contact us.
- Technical advice and support
- Site inspection service
- Design solutions in CAD
- Installation service
- Provides collective protection for all working on a roof
- Works on a proven counterbalance system
- No penetration of the roof membrane
- Minimum components for ease of installation
- Unique open style fitting allows quick installation of horizontal rails
- No welding, threading or bolting required on site
- Suitable for use on concrete, asphalt, PVC membrane and felt roof surfaces
- Modular design allows reconfiguration on site if needed
- Sections can be added to or taken down, for reconstruction elsewhere
- Compatible with almost all configurations of flat roofs up to 10 degrees slope
Setting the rooftop safety standards
- EN ISO 14122 Part 3
- EN 13374 Class A
- HSG-33 Health & Safety in Roof Work
- HSE INDG 284 “Working on roofs”
- BS 6399: Part 2 1995 Wind Code
- AS 1657 : 2018
- Wind loading in accordance with AS/NZS 1170.2