A wire based lifeline system providing fall arrest / restraint protection when working at height.
The KEELINE lifeline system provides fall arrest / restraint protection where guardrails are not suitable or where planning considerations require a virtually invisible fall protection solution. A wire based horizontal lifeline system offers a flexible, cost-effective solution for protecting workers at height.
KEELINE provides complete and continual “handsfree” protection for up to three users when used as a fall arrest system.
The KEELINE system is fully compliant with the requirements of EN 795:2012, CEN TS 16415:2013, ANSI Z359 and CSA Z259, and has undergone extensive testing in different roof types, with full third party approval. Testing in roof structure was witnessed by Decra.
KEELINE Lifeline System
The KEELINE horizontal lifeline is designed to provide safe access to any area of a roof by allowing workers to be permanently attached to the line at all times and be able to freely move around the roof surface. The KEELINE system utilises 8mm grade 316 stainless steel wire and allows spans of up to 12m between posts.
The system is designed so that the traveller which connects the user to the systems simply glides over brackets, overcoming the need to detach from the lifeline.
KEELINE also incorporates PAS (Progressive Absorbing System). If the user falls, the shock absorbers, intermediate brackets and support posts will deploy and deform so that the loadings applied to the building’s structure is below 10Kn.
Solution for All Types of Roofs
The KEELINE system has been tested and can be installed on a variety of roof types e.g. bitumen membrane roofs, standing seam and metal profile roofs using either “top fix” anchors or a “through fix” anchorr (POSTANKA) where fixing to the main building structure is preferred.
The KEELINE horizontal lifeline can be installed to any steel cladding panel, beam/column structure, solid parapet walls and flat roofs via a support post. When a lifeline system cannot be fixed through the roof’s structure, a free standing fall arrest / restraint system can be provided using our KEE ANCHOR roof anchors. A series of deadweight anchors can be linked at approximately 10m centres via the KEELINE horizontal restraint line.
KEELINE is available for mounting directly to concrete, steel, brick and stonework in either horizontal or overhead applications.
- Personal fall protection system designed for roof installation and horizontal or overhead applications
- Tested on multiple roof types
- Maximum span between posts 12m
- Traveller can pass the whole length of the system without having to be detached at any point
- Open style, low posts suit metal profile and standing seam roofs
- Specific membrane roof base plate and posts allow simple wreathing installation
- Galvanised mild steel or stainless steel parts
- Base plates allow multiple fixing options
- Conforms to EN 795 2012
Benefits of the KEELINE Lifeline System
- Proven fall protection system meeting all current legislative requirements
- Safety assurance that the lifeline system is fully functional on all approved surfaces
- Minimises the number of posts and roof fixings required
- The user is always connected to the system
- Posts designed to deploy and deform in event of a fall, minimising the load being applied to the building to below 10Kn
- Saves installation time and reduces project costs
- Long term corrosion resistance