The Premier 2020 is the replacement for the well-established and long standing Digi-Scare and Premier 1500 systems. Scarecrow have now sold approaching 1000 of these various vehicle mounted systems to airports across the world.
The broadcast of distress calls, as part of an integrated bird management scheme, has proved effective for bird dispersal from airfields and surrounding areas, and has been the backbone of Airfield Wildlife Management for the past 32 years.
It is an essential part of flight safety and must be carried out efficiently to minimise bird-strike risk to aircraft, their passengers and crew.
Scarecrow’s bio-acoustic bird dispersal systems are humane and inoffensive in their function, exploiting natural bird behaviour for their success. A new advanced storage technology, designed to further improve the well established efficiency of Scarecrow products, forms the basis of Premier 2020.
Scarecrow Premier 2020 operates from 12 or 24v dc sources and has been designed to be vehicle installed to provide a complete bio-acoustic bird dispersal system when connected to scarecrow roof mounted loudspeakers; these will promote a vertical beam of sound reaching into the sky above to ensure distress calls are maintained until the subject birds have dispersed from the immediate area.
The Premier 2020, unlike its predecessors, has been designed and built in a modular format to enable an easy “upgrade” to the fully integrated Scarecrow B.I.R.D. Tab™ System which, in addition to the bird distress calls used for dispersal, incorporates a touch screen data logging process in line with ICAO recommended best practices, and a separate reporting and analysis software. The upgrade is a simple process, and enables the continued use of the Premier 2020 for bird dispersal, so that the investment in the Premier 2020 equipment can continue to be used.
- Dimensions: 250x210x80mm
- Material: 3mm Aluminium in RAL7012 (Basalt Grey)
- Mounting Cradle: 1.2mm Zintec in Black Powder Coat
- Weight: 3kgs
- Power Requirements: 12Vdc Current 2.8a, Quiescent: 150Ma with internal DC Fuse reverse polarity protection (24Vdc powering is also an option)
- Peak Output: 6A
- Standby Current Consumption: 20Ma
- Audio Power Output: 40 RMS @ 4R Load
- Controls: Soft Touch button Push Buttons
- Display: LCD Screen
- Operating Temperatures: -200c Max +550c @ 95% Humidity
- Connections: Power and Speakers = 5W Pluggable Terminal Block
2 x AUX Inputs = 5 Pin Din Sockets
Remote Control = RJ45 Socket
Min Input = 5 Pin Din Socket
- Rated output power: 40 Watts RMS 55 Watts peak into 4R load. Using two SCARECROW 1211 high efficiency horn loudspeakers, sound pressure levels in excess of 110dBA @ 6 metres and a useful operating distance of 300 metres can be sustained.
- Calls Included: Herring Gull, Pigeon, Jay, Common Gull, Magpie, Heron, Black Headed Gull, Jackdaw, Falcon, Lapwing, Starling, Rook, Crow, Novel Sound. Other calls can be included to special order (in exchange for a standard call).