Scarecrow’s flagship Airside product is the Scarecrow B.I.R.D. Tab™ – this is two systems in one, in that it provides not only a Bird Dispersal method as a vehicle-mounted system solution, but also provides Data Logging/Analysis/Reporting Software for helping airports to make and take informed choices on action to mitigate future bird strike risk.
Due to the growing difficulties airports face with birds and the growing requirement for accurate data to be easily logged by the Operators, Scarecrow developed the Scarecrow B.I.R.D. Tab™ Software following the success of its predecessor Ultima.
B.I.R.D. Tab is the next generation of bird dispersal and data logging using the Panasonic Toughpad tablet PC, which has an integrated camera to enable photographic evidence to be included in reports for improved due diligence.
Some features of B.I.R.D. Tab include:
- Up to 20 calls as required, programmed from the Scarecrow well established Bird Distress Call library
- Efficient data collection in line with ICAO recommended best practices
- Ability to define the information collected in line with individual airport requirements
- Detailed regular reporting available at the press of a button
- Easy data analysis for managing areas of concern at airports, to then take steps to mitigate the risk of future bird strikes
- Provide validated due diligence/evidence in the event of litigation by the airlines and/or their insurers, against the cost of repair and inconvenience/loss of aircraft use when bird strikes occur
- Runway Inspection module
There are two separate parts to the software:
Tablet Software: This is not only the data logging software, but the software can also be used to trigger the broadcast of the bird call for a controlled dispersal of the birds where the full BIRD Tab System has been purchased.
Reporting/Analysis Software: Once the collected data as above is transferred into this Reporting Software, then reports can be run and on screen risk analysis undertaken.
Due to the Scarecrow B.I.R.D Tab™ system being made up of several different components please contact Scarecrow direct for detailed Technical Specifications