The Talking Gate solution is an extremely powerful software tool that can be fully tailored for an individual Airline/Airport, which runs on existing platforms without the need to invest in additional hardware.
Used by Airline or Handling agent staff to support the boarding process at the gate, making announcements as well as simultaneous LCD screen updates.
Triggered Announcements can be broadcast airport wide, or within Gate specific areas dependant on the message content. With over 1 Million Gate calls being made a year, the Talking Gate helps 45 Million passengers reach their destinations.
Announcements can be triggered manually or automatically via the FIDS and/or the ground staff at the gate during the boarding process of an aircraft. Applying the Gate number, Aircraft Type, Airline and destination information ensures each Airline/Aircrafts specific boarding processes are adhered to.
Gate Calls can be multi-lingual with automatic translation to Origin/Destination languages as well as the Airlines native language.
Gate calls can me managed using any desktop or handheld device, both Android and iOS are supported. Talking Gate can also be included as an App on CUPP systems.
Gate zones can be extended by using the Phonetica Go speakers, in order to adjust zone size as required at any time.
The system can include any/all of the more advanced boarding methods (e.g. block boarding, rotating zone, reverse pyramid). For the more ‘simple’ boarding methods, the system also includes ‘groups’ of messages.
Processes can differ and are tailored for each sites/airlines requirements.
Gate staff can be restricted to calls dictated by the system, with secondary approval sent to a control centre for adhoc announcement requirements.
Phonetica’s Talking Gate solution offers the following main features:
- Fully automated, semi-automated, or manual operation of the boarding process, baggage handling and customer services
- Includes any/all complex boarding methods (e.g. block boarding, rotating zone, reverse pyramid).
- ‘Simple’ boarding methods, the system also includes ‘groups’ of messages. Tailored for each sites/airlines requirements.
- Gate calls managed using any desktop or handheld device (Android and iOS)
- Talking Gate can also be included as an App on CUPP systems.
- Multi or single zone broadcast
- Authorisation communication for Ad-hoc announcements.
- Intuitive central graphical interface including optional touchscreen module at gates
- Professional integration with any existing public address system
- Support for emergency calls and fire alarm
- Mobile users if required
- High clarity and voice intelligibility
- Multilingual – over 64 Languages and 249 dialects/genders
- Ability to use large selection of existing voice libraries
- Fastest creation of a custom language on the market
- Customisation of audio libraries for target area acoustic characteristics
- Visual paging module capable of integrating with existing FIDS system
- Easy and affordable customisation
- Test-to-speech option for generation of user-defined content and personal paging
- Manual pre-recording option for generation of user-defined content
- Gate LCD and LED panels and voice announcements
- Integration with other display systems to synchronise information release to passengers