The TaxiBot®, (Taxiing Robot), is a unique proven solution – certified and ready to bring both ecological and economical ground operation savings to airlines and airports.
The TaxiBot® is a semi-robotic hybrid towing vehicle designed for taxiing airplanes from the boarding gate to the takeoff runway without the use of jet engine power.
The use of the TaxiBot® vehicle will have a significantly positive impact on the environment and airline expenditure:
- Up to 85% reduction of fuel consumption during taxi.
- Up to 85% reduction of CO2 and other noxious emission during taxi.
- 60% reduction in noise pollution.
- 50% reduction of FOD per takeoff.
- Improves gate efficiency through the reduction of wasted time during engine start-up at the gate area, which not only affects the gate used, but also the nearest airplanes to the gates.
- High-level aeronautic controller for command and control of overall system when operating with aircraft
- Drive-by-wire all-wheels hydraulic steering
- 2x 294kW T4i or 2x 257kW T3 Scania Diesel engines
- Electric driveline transmission by Siemens
- 2 Siemens generators 180 kW each
- 6 inverters
- 8 electric wheel motors 33 kW each, controlled by redundant controllers
- Piloted Hydro pneumatic suspension
- Fully redundant design
- FAA and EASA certified for B737 (classic, NG) and for A320 (ceo and neo) family