TractEasy® is a driverless tow-tractor that not only facilitates a significant increase in productivity, efficiency, labour and maintenance savings but also allows enhanced safety and process compliances.
The TractEasy® mission is to move cargo in an autonomous manner, under the supervision of dedicated fleet manager software, from terminal to terminal, or terminal to aircraft.
TractEasy® relies upon multiple sensors, (lidars, radars, IMU, GPS, wheel encoders, 3G/4G modem, V2X on-board units, and stereo cameras), that are integrated with the EasyMile driverless software to read and navigate the surrounding environment.
TractEasy® does not require any infrastructure change, yet utilises its technologies to collect, store, and analyze data in the following areas to ensure the vehicle can operate safely:
- Localization: knowing where the vehicle is with an accuracy of at least 5 centimeters.
- Navigation: knowing where the vehicle is headed on a predefined route. Using V2X technology, the vehicle is able to receive information from its environment and interact with it. The vehicle is also able to receive missions from the supervision center.
- Perception/Obstacle Detection: knowing what is happening around the vehicle and able to adjust its behavior accordingly.
- Level 4 ready – High Automation (According to SAE J3016) 
- Suitable for indoor/ outdoor / road conditions
- Driving modes: Automated mode, Manual approach mode, Manual mode and Inching mode.
- V2X communication device
- Speed : up to 20 km/h unladen
- Traction capacity : Up to 25 000 kg