It is well known within the industry that enhancing turnaround time is a key target for individual airports and airlines whilst also benefiting the Ground Handlers. One slight delay to de-boarding, unloading, servicing, security checks and parking/pushback could affect the whole operation and on-time performance KPI’s.
The TIGAR system is designed to reduce turnaround time by increasing communication connectivity between Ramp, Flight Deck and Gate.
Appreciating the importance of operational readiness, the TIGAR system allows for multiple users to communicate wirelessly at the same time, keeping a continuous link with the Flight Deck.
This means that the whole team can communicate whilst roaming freely around the aircraft and airfield for up to 500 metres in clear line of sight.
Existing products have been utilised to create this system so the product readiness state and TRL is very high and confidence can be had in the system.
- Wireless range of up to 500m
- 24hour battery life
- Multiple user system
- Reduction of turnaround time
- Variety of headset solutions available dependent on preference and operation
- Freedom of movement and safety across the airfield is enhanced
- Untethers the user, no cables or leads to interfere
- Reliable and robust