BGR750 - Flatbed Boarding Gate Reader
The BGR750 is a modern, flatbed Boarding Gate Reader for all barcoded boarding passes (BCBP’s), designed specifically to allow intuitive use with all media types including the latest phones, tablets and smart watches.
Barcode tickets are presented, face-down, over the scanning window. The large window, wide viewing angle and depth-of-field creates a large barcode reading area. This makes positioning of the barcode easy and results in fast detection and reading even before the document touches down.
The BGR750 has been designed with a very low profile making it the ideal solution for desktop or embedded use. Installation flexibility is further extended by the choice of angled, flat, or no screen (OEM Only) at all to suit the application.
Designed for future-proof operation, the BGR750 can be supplied equipped for contactless operation. Additionally, the BGR’s large scanning window has been designed to allow for optional passport MRZ reading to be purchased as a software license.
Ease of use by passengers and operators was paramount in the design. The colour screen is utilised to display text and instructional icons to the user to enhance user interaction. Feedback is also given by the twin banks of 4 bright LEDs down the sides of the display, plus the loud audio beeper. Each of the 8 LED indicators are multicolour and can be illuminated individually, although during normal operation would typically all illuminate either Green or Red to indicate permission to board or not.
A wide range of configurations are available for connection to Common Use Terminal Equipment (CUTE®) or dedicated systems. Additionally, to ensure that the units are future-proof, new firmware can be remotely downloaded to them.
- Fast, omnidirectional 1D/2D barcode imager
- Flexible Design – Angled, flat or no colour LCD display to allow for any installation
- Reads IATA-recommended PDF417, QR, Aztec & other 2D and linear barcode symbologies
- Flexible – Wide range of emulations and connection options available
- Simple integration with RS-232, USB*, Ethernet* & Mini-HDMI* connection to host
- Green and red indicator beacons and audio beeper for intuitive user feedback
- RS-232 serial port for receipt printer functionality
- Options include: Contactless/NFC capability, Desk mount bracket and MRZ reading