Simpleway provides an advanced Flight information display system (FIDS) for airports with an emphasis on an effortless installation and adaption to the customer’s environment and processes, easy and flexible content creation, and automated management.
Simpleway FIDS is the “face of an airport” that visually presents and delivers a variety of flight information. It manages all of the screens located throughout the airport, showing visual content to those passengers who are waiting for up-to-date information. All of the system features work with existing off-the-shelf hardware, across multiple standard or non-standard screens.
Simpleway FIDS can be connected to the various data sources, such as AODB, resource management systems, public transportation data feeds, weather info systems, IoT devices management platforms etc. and follow all of the events at the airport. Based on the data, the system continuously generates related visual screen content and makes it instantly available through several dedicated user interfaces.
As Simpleway FIDS presents visual content on information displays, it must be able to control it and operate it. The Simpleway FIDS system transparently manages visual content scheduling in several subsystems (gate screens, check-in screens, video walls, etc.) and monitors the state of all the individual components within the airport-wide screen system. All of these functions are hidden from the end users. Airport staff access the screen management functions through an intuitive user interface installed on a PC, a tablet, or an embedded device.
The display system can show any kind of graphical content, including online Internet streaming, audio and video content, weather, and many others. The display content can be easily customized according to the needs of individual airlines or other airport stakeholders. There is no need for any substantial investment into new hardware or software as the system uses a standard media player for video and a customized embedded image for static content, allowing the information generated by the system to be displayed on the existing off-the-shelf hardware.
The system operator can choose the type of channels used and the way the information is delivered as well as easily change the information without the need to adjust the core of the system. Airlines and third-party ground handlers can access the system by using mobile or web-based user interfaces to insert flight updates manually. Following validation, these can be reflected throughout the entire system.
Visual message solutions are quite flexible during the time when they are in operation as the information to be displayed does not always require the entire display canvas. There are also times when no announcements are scheduled in the zone where a particular display is located, leaving airports and airport operators with a great opportunity to increase their revenues by displaying commercial messages. In our Advertisements module, the customer can easily define the rules for when a particular screen will be displaying passenger information and in which situations to trigger commercial messages on the selected displays.
Finally, the system also accounts for passengers with hearing disabilities as the text of the currently played voice announcement can be simultaneously displayed on the information screen. We believe that this should be a standard solution available at every airport to support disabled passengers. The second important feature is a sophisticated sign language module that is our latest technology developed with the help of several deaf communities around the world. The creation of this module allows us to add sign language announcements as “another language” to our portfolio. Our sign language announcements are, of course, created for every customer separately according to their information needs with consideration for the needs of the local deaf community.
Simpleway Flight information display system has two main goals – to improve the quality of passenger services and to increase the speed of standard airport processes. FIDS management is one of the complex tasks that a modern passenger information system must be able to provide. Our solution can handle hundreds of screens spread around the airport terminals and is able to control the status of each of these screens. Within our system, the airport staff is also able to easily create, manage, preview, and schedule the screens content thanks to many tools developed specifically together with airport industry experts. Screen layouts can also be created by our Simpleway display design team in close cooperation with a customer.
Simpleway FIDS offers the following main features and key benefits:
- Each display device identified by a unique address, type, and location
- A display page assigned to the attached monitor
- Dynamic refresh of all screens
- Screen scheduling and display time-line management (video-walls)
- Multilingual and multi-alphabet support (Latin, Arabic, Cyrillic, etc.)
- HTML format export and publishing (can be used at web pages, external entities – hotels, taxi providers, etc.)
- XML data export/import which can be used to cooperate with third party systems
- Image strings assigned to video displays selected by the user
- Free information field definition on video displays
- Sequence definition for displaying a string of images on any video display
- Video display “live” preview in UI – operators can check the current text and graphic images as they appear on video displays
- Ability to view the video display operational status
- Editing, changing and adding by the operator of information to any pre-defined message
- Visual paging of live played voice announcements together with sign language messages
- Manually entered information and display parameters verified by the operator
- Scheduling the order and content duration on any screen or group of screens
- Presetting of templates for each screen through an intuitive easy-to-use content designer tool
- Sorting specification using any information field on the screens. Allows for any sort order or priority on the display of sorted information
- Displaying code share airlines with associated flight numbers and connecting cities. Code share information can be alternated on a single line or displayed on separate lines for each code share flight.
- Advertisement campaign management module