Simpleway’s Unified Passenger Information System works as an integration platform that provides easy content management for operators and administrators as well as real-time data to passengers via audio messages, LCD Displays, LED panels, information booths, mobile phones, websites, social media networks, and other communication channels.
Our aim is to offer passengers information on their flight status from the moment that they leave their homes until they board their flights. Our services, however, do not end there. We also update each passenger on the unloading of their luggage and on the possible connections when leaving the airport.
We designed a single point of control for passenger communication system for airports and other travel hubs that, in most cases, does not require a substantial hardware investment. The Simpleway integration platform is a fully flexible solution for customers willing to continuously improve their services for passengers. It is a software program connecting various data inputs with a full scale of communication channels.
Simpleway’s UPIS server is usually integrated with the following systems:
- Any public address system – either digital audio broadcasting, such as AES67, Dante™, or an analog interface with contact closures, enabling the system to play automated announcements through the PA system.
- Display system to provide flight information at check-in, gates, baggage claim, arrival hall, departure hall, restaurants, etc.
- AODB or other external flight information service providers.
- External data sources, such as local public transport schedules, weather forecast, toilets operational status, airport parking availability, tourist information, social media, etc.
- Advertising systems
The aim of such integration is to connect all of the individual channels together so that they work in unison. The main benefit for the airports is that Simpleway products share a single back-end system that works for all of the features mentioned above. There is no need for a dedicated interface between FIDS/BIDS or automated announcement data exchange, nor any need to contact several companies when a change has to be applied in one of the systems. We offer an all-in-one solution that runs on one platform, yet each system can still be run separately. All of the system features work with existing and off-the-shelf hardware, across multiple standard or non-standard installations.
For any situation – be it a delay, cancellation, rerouting, or any kind of emergency – a business rule can be easily created that will deliver information to passengers in any way, anytime, and anywhere you need. The system can control a wide variety of devices and generate messages specifically for them. As data is essential to passenger communication, the business rules engine is fed by a flexible data integration framework that can import, export and schedule real-time data from any medium in any format you can imagine – whether an industry standard or a customized format. The system is designed with multi-modality and multi-system in mind to achieve a seamless passenger experience in a fully converged transit system including all of the modes of transportation.
See also the detail descriptions of our other self-contained core modules; each of them can be purchased separately according to the customer’s current needs:
- Automated Voice Announcement System
- Flight Information Display System
- Passenger Notification Solution
Simpleway Unified passenger information system offers the following main features:
- All in one content management server
- Centralized control
- High level of redundancy
- Hardware neutrality
- Flexible data integration
- Open third-party integration API including data feeds
- Graphical user interfaces including interactive airport maps
- Visual and voice scripting engine with automatic triggers
- Advanced announcement and display content schedulers
- Voice script management engine
- Priority queues for Visual and Voice messages
- Paging logging
- Text message notifications, social media integrations
- Accessibility and emergency compliant
- Monitoring and central management of all the connected PA and VMS devices
- Monitoring data exposed to third party SNMP tools
- Integrated health notification engine
Key benefits of the proposed solution:
- Ease of Use – All of the features of the proposed solution are available in the form of easy-to-use UIs and require minimal user training.
- Single point of control – The user can easily select/filter what kind of information will be visible for passengers. For example, the user can make a change to flight data in the OpsUI that will trigger a change for the display templates, start the playback of videos, or change the information shown on the screens. All of the changes can be directed to a group of displays selected by the user.
- Automation Module and easy-to-use API for third-party systems – Changes to display content can be scripted to trigger automatically based on the data input into the system or triggered by a third-party system through our powerful REST API.
- Infrastructure reuse – The CMS server software can run in an existing virtual environment or as a stand-alone installation.
- Simplified management and fault reporting – The proposed solution will aggregate status information of the application server and devices and expose this information through SNMP.
- Redundancy and scaling – The solution is designed with redundancy and scalability requirements in mind. Both redundancy and scaling can be achieved on multiple levels and through multiple approaches.
- Comprehensive Administrative Tool Suite – Complete suite of administrative tools, enabling the administrators to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot all the aspects of the system.
- User rights management – Access to features and content is controlled with user rights.
- Business Rules Engine – The Simpleway CMS ships with a complex business rules engine that can be used to automatically trigger different events based on different conditions. The business rules engine combined with the powerful rest API can interface with any type of third-party system.
- Regulation (EC) No. 1107/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 July 2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when traveling by air (Text with EEA relevance)
- Regulation (EC) No. 1371/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2007 on rail passengers’ rights and obligations
- Regulation (EU) No. 1177/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 concerning the rights of passengers when traveling by sea and inland waterway and amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 Text with EEA relevance
- Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1300/2014 of 18 November 2014 on the technical specifications for interoperability relating to accessibility of the Union’s rail system for persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility Text with EEA relevance
- Code of Good Conduct in Ground Handling for Persons with Reduced Mobility